Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2019

DIY wedding venues in NW

RomanticGoldStationery854, 6 of June of 2017 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0

Hi! We are currently in the venue finding stage and are having trouble locating what we want. We are not keen on an overly formal, sit down 3 course meal type thing and would much prefer getting a couple of street food type vans in, keep it relaxed and all that. We are after a venue that allows that, but is still a nice/suitable place. Most places have their own recommended caterers which is stopping us getting the food we would prefer. We will be looking at around 100-120 people on the day I think. Anybody got any ideas/recommendations in the north west?

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I can't offer you a specific loaction as I don't know the area, but I thought you might appreciate a "bump" post to bring this back near the top for people to see?

As for your venue, if you want food vans you may want to consider a function room at a pub or club, or have an outdoor wedding and book a local park or green? Like wherever the fun fares or circuses happen to set up near you? Failing that find somewhere with land like a farm or something?

The "usual" venues of hotels and golf courses will most likely have their own catering, or you could hire the village hall / community centre?

Sorry for the ramble, but hopefully I've said something useful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics