Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2013

Dizzie Lizzie wedding dress

Vix7913, 4 of April of 2013 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 18

Just wondering if anyone else has had/will be having a Dizzie Lizzie dress? I have ordered mine, have never heard of them before I started looking for dresses but their main store is in my home town. Isn't a whole lot about them online, nor any of their dresses so can't even flash my dress!

18 replies

Latest activity by Vix7913, 15 of July of 2013 at 09:44
  • T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Is this them?

www.dlcouture.com

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, that is them. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of them as there is so little online.

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

At long last i'm a Dizzie Lizzie bride toooo!!!!! Mines very traditional "Twinkle" and was brought some time back as my wedding had to be postponed-due to the venue!!!!I had heard of them many years ago & they stuck in my mind since getting engaged nearly 13yrs ago!!! Mmmm I no!!!!!In the meantime Katie Price got a dress made by them for her "Andre" wedding. Surprised they aren't more popular full stop, but especially since then. I had originally seen a Hollywood Dreams dress many many yrs ago . But was put off by this brand since learning they are made abroad- hefty price tags to. Dizzie's are made in good old freezing cold, never sunny England & have some very intricate bodices, this bling alone made me want a Dizzie.They look very expensive too & are relatively "uncommon"so she says!!!! Lol I'm no expert & no one will ever love all the styles but the attention to detail and the fabrics are superior quality I love them. Ps yes that's them dlc- Dizzie Lizzie Couture.

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sam23 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I have a Dizzie Lizzie dress I bought it 2years ago from a local shop selling all their wedding stuff so got mine at a VERY good price.

was going to put a wee peek at the bodice for you but can't get it to work so will try later Smiley smile

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

I brought my dress back in 2011. Wedding was originnaly 2012 dec but now 2013. As I had to postpone my wedding as my venue was propped up with scaffold unsightly!!!! Is yours a big dress?????

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I tried on a lot of big dresses, but I actually ended up going for the complete opposite! My dress should be ready for first fitting in May, excited to try it on again!

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Please don't I've got a whopper of a frock huge and it WAS what I had always wanted. Not so sure now!!!!!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I loved the big princess dresses, and very nearly ended up with one, but it so wouldn't have fitted in with my rustic barn wedding! So much fun trying them all on though!

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

You've made me feel better, but i just thought i was a bit dated was fine at the time but not so sure now!!!??? I did think the smaller dresses are "more the fashion now' Saying that I did go on hitched real weddings and I didn't realise when looking at the 2008 weddings I expected to find all brides in whooping big dresses. I was sooo surprised as most had on very fitted frocks. So in that respect maybe there isn't and has never a big OR small trend. Please tell me thats fact and not me trying ever so hard to convince myself lol!!!!

But will admit I'm still envious of your dress by the sounds of it and I already know its gorgeous, it's a dizzie lizzie !!!!! Pics pics !!!!!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I think fabulous big dresses and more fitted styles will always be 'fashionable' is definitely more down to the bride wearing them, as long as they have a big grin on their face that is what matters!

Feel very lucky that their main store is in my home town, they were definitely the nicest shop I visited Smiley smile

I will flash my dress when I have my first fitting hopefully next month!

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sam23 ·
    • Hide content

Here is a wee picture of my bodice. My dress is a Big dress. Wasn't what I set out to look for but I couldn't keep my eyes off it!

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sam23 ·
    • Hide content

Will try and get a full picture of it and let you have a peek Smiley smile

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Vix7913 loving your reply i really thought there was a definite trend with wedding dresses & there is to a degree. But I completely agree both fitted and full dresses never actually go out of fashion. I'd just started to love the mermaid/trumpet style that previously I wasn't over keen on!!! Even then tough I wanted a very ott outty bottom part!!!

sam23 GORGEOUS i was most certainly certainly correct your dizzie lizzie bodice is whooooo whooooop lovin your frock can't wait to see the rest of it!!!!

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Dizzie lizzie brides where are you all?????? X

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

I was a Dizzie Lizzie bride ? not sure the name of it, as it was a sample dress.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress, I think mine is very similar Smiley smile I should have my first fitting next month hopefully!

• Dizzygal
    Beginner December 2013
    Dizzygal ·
    • Hide content

Well leedsbride you look gorgeous !!!! X

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you ? I can't believe it's been nearly 8 months already.

Hope all your plans are going well ?

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I had my first fitting the other day so I can finally flash my Dizzie Lizzie dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics