Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner November 2014

Do brides have bags?!

Wife In Training, 11 of May of 2014 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 16

Sorry for the randomness of this question are any of you planning (or not planning) to carry a clutch bag at your wedding? I can't imagine holding a bag and a bouquet without loosing one or the other but what do I do with my phone, lip balm, tissues etc?! Does MOH have a bag and carry this stuff for me? Or do I palm it all off on MOB?!

16 replies

Latest activity by Sarah MC1, 11 of May of 2014 at 21:54
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a bag, my Mum & BM will have a few of my things between them. And in our venue we have a little powder room so I can dump make up and freshening up stuff in there for the night. Like you I couldn't imagine myself with a bouquet & clutch bag as well, although I think some might have a little clutch and just give it to someone while in photos etc but i'd rather dump them on others haha Smiley smile

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I was planning to just keep bare essentials, e.g. make up, in my MOH's bag. I wasn't going to take my phone as I won't really have the time to use it and any organising/co-ordinating will be done by my entourage.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm not planning to. My FSIL will have my house keys as she will be taking over from the pet sitter as we're going to a hotel and my mum can have my phone because let's face it I'll be too busy to use it and I plan to pack my purse in the over night bag for the hotel and give the reception bar some money to cover any drinks myself and OH buy and will give the co ordinater that when I go in to set up.

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Im having an ivory dolly bag and it should be ok over my wrist with my bouquet xx

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having a bag. MOH will have a little make up or my mum for me. No way am I taking my phone, all my friends will be there anyway.

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bellaZ ·
    • Hide content

I had an ivory clutch bag (cost about £14 from Debenhams). After I'd had my make-up done, I put the lipstick in it, with pins, tissue and other bits and bobs. My mum took it in her car and gave it to me during the meal so I had it available all evening but wasn't bothered with it at the church or during the photos.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to put a small clutch bag together with similar things in too. I'll give it to the coordinator to look after for me and to then pass it onto someone in the wedding party straight after the ceremony.

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

I had a clutch bag with some make up in it etc but my bridesmaid looked after it for me. It was easier for her to keep two separate bags (hers and mine) rather than mixing our things together. It also meant she could get someone else to look after my stuff if she needed.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, l am having one. But we are eloping just the 2 of us in Vegas and Mr Erin will only moan if try to get him to carry stuff for me!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I've bought a vintage 1960s silver clutch bag. I don't have bridesmaids or anything to look after my stuff, and I'm not risking not having my allergy meds, powder compact etc with me. I bought a vintage (new!) handkerchief to go in it too, so if I cry I'm not wiping my face with a gross scrunched up Kleenex Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Not me. I wasn't going to bother taking my phone, everyone I would want to phone or text will be at the wedding, so I won't need it. Make-up would only be a lippie and h2b hates the taste so probably won't worry about renewing it. Tissues? Best man and my daughter will have those to hand!!

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I am afraid to say that I am a smoker. I am thinking of getting a clutch bag and giving it to Mum to look after until after the ceremony, but I have also already arranged for my nearest and dearest to be carrying cigarettes and a lighter each (H2B, CBM, Mum etc). That is my only essential item for the day. Unless, I miraculously quit by then. I can't see that happening in the next few months though, too much to worry about already!

x

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I found a lovely black lace pouch bag that goes wih my dress, will just have essentials in it and intend to make my Mum look after it!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a smoker too so plan on having a clutch bag for the evening do but not for the day. My sister (who is my MOH as well) didn't fancy a bouquet, so she's going to have a nice clutch bag and wrist corsage, and will carry my cigarettes and lippy for me so that I can do a quick touch up. I'm definitely not planning on taking/using my phone at any point during the day or evening, but might need a few pennies for the bar later on!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of sticking my cigs in my garter!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Sarah5790 ·
    • Hide content

I was wondering the same thing mainly for my phone and make up incase I need to put more on. Also my phone is incase for any reason I need to contact hotel or guests need to contact me. I was thinking of getting a small ivory clutch bag you can get them on eBay for like £5 including postage and I was just going to get my mam to hold it for me as I'll only really be holding flowers in church and for photos or so I can hold my bag or keep it at my table while at the hotel

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sarah MC1 ·
    • Hide content

I had nightmares over this very thing lol! My moh had all I needed and my mom had the rest. I needn't have worried so much. Smiley winking x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics