Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Do bridesmaids flowers have to be the same as the brides?

warlycarly, 7 of June of 2012 at 23:12 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have seen a stunning bouquet that is in my budget, its lillies, but i alreay have roses to make my BMs bouquets, do you think it would look wrong to have thiers different to mine?

Mine would be this one

and my bridesmaids would look something like this

8 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 8 of June of 2012 at 11:05
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Wouldn't look wrong at all. You can have whatever you want. There's no right or wrong.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are having ivory and pink roses, im having a brooch and button bouquet! totally different, and i think itll look great

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

It doesnt matter at all. Your choices actually compliment each other really well. Generally if there are 1 or 2 things the same in each, they will match- a similar colour theme, 1-2 flowers the same etc.

Mine was different to my BM. Mine was teardrop shapes & her's was hand held bouquet. Mine also had more expensive orchids in it. We did have the same roses, smaller orchids & greenery though.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Im having a different bouquet to my bm aswell. ?

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was worried about this too as I am in process of making a brooch bouquet for myself and wanted the girls to have flower wrist corsages.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Not at all, I think they compliment well, my BMs are having only gerberas but I'm having gerberas with roses.

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think your choices are beautiful. I too am having lilies but my BM's are having roses as my MOH gets hay fever from the pollen in lilies!!! they aer also having hand tied whereas i am having a teardrop bouquet. We are all having blue trimmings tho to match their dresses. my FG is having a basket. The examples you have shown above are really lovely

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

That is stunning! and no it won't matter that the BM's look slightly different (ie different flowers) so long as the colours "match" then it won't be a problem.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Totally different is fine. Mine is much more detailed and intricate than the bridesmaid bouquets. We have two flowers in common in our bouquets. Mine has roses, peonies, hydrangea, orchids, stephanotis, ranunculus, lavender and some others i can't remember. The bridesmaids are having peonies and hydrangea.

These are the photos I found for the florist to work from:

Mine

Bridesmaids

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics