Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 2011

Do I get married abroad or stay in the UK?

Chloerose, 7 of January of 2012 at 16:13 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13

Hey guys!

I am planning my wedding and dont know whether to go abroad or stay in the UK! Help! What do you guys think? What are the pros and cons? Whats cheaper?

Please get back to me asap!

Thanks for your help!

13 replies

Latest activity by brenda.hu, 5 of June of 2012 at 05:42
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

According to your posts in the 'journalist seeking' area you're writing a piece about weddings for uni but here you say your planning your own...

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

You've also posted on Wedding Planning re; wedding planner for "your wedding"?

• H
    heivivian ·
    • Hide content

Go abroad needs much more money. If do have enough money, then go traveling. That would be awesome.

• D
    dannie27 ·
    • Hide content

I think you have a plan of going broad,it means you have got enough money. so i suggest you can go abroad to finish your wedding, it would be an unforgettable memory, and it will add much romantic to the wedding.

by the way, i am a owner of a wedding dress store.if you are interested, plz visit:http://www.goodlegging.com/

• D
    Beginner January 2010
    DiamondSam ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've just been through the same dilema, and it is very stressful. My partner is from a very large family, and I'm from a small family both of our families are all over GB.

We had the debate of where, it could have been several places, we looked at keeping it small, say no more than 25 people, so his family didn't go down the line of " you have invited one cousin but not me", we thought we could keep it small. Costs for this was about about £10k, inc honeymoon, but nothing too fancy.

We looked at something larger, say about 60 to the day and another 40 to the night and the costs were extortionate, once we added this up, this was near £25-30k.

One key thing, my other half hates being the centre of attention. He really wanted a very small wedding, if he had his was it would just be the two of us in Jeans at a Registry Office - I wanted something a bit more.

We have decided to get married in the Seychelles, we have booked the Raffles hote, where the wedding is free, and the hotel seems lovely. We are going for a week, and the cost is £5150 half board. With rings, dress, flowers, and phots (oh and something for him to wear), I think we will need to add about an extra £1,500, and them there will be spends, but we would need that for a honeymoon anyway. Organising it has been really stress free, the hard part was choosing which country followed by resort / location and then getting quotes. We have decided not to invite any one officially, but let them know when and where, so if they want to come, they are more than welcome.

The best bit for me, is that I don't have to worry about all of the stuff, you know, menus, seating plan, favours, presents for bridemaids / usshers, decoration of th venue, food tasting, cake, colour schemes, chair covers, bows for the chairs, table linens, cutlery etc etc - the list is endless.

All we now have to do is buy our outfits, send copies of the paperwork to the Agent, then make sure we get our flight.

Hope this helps.

• A
    antoirolla ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

If you are thinking of getting married in Sorrento, Italy, we'll be happy to help you organize everything! Please contact Spotlight Wedding Planners, ****@************.**.

Ciao da Sorrento

Anto € Chris

• N
    Beginner September 2012
    newbie2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am due to marry in portugal this year. Not very expensive. But very beautiful! We was passed details of a wedding planner on here. She advised the average wedding for 50 guests is half the price of a uk wedding.

We have just got back from our venue hunt. all i can say is we are very excited Smiley angry) there details are www.algarveweddingsbyrebecca.com she may be worth a contact for a little info.

good luck Smiley angry)

• C
    Beginner June 2015
    Carol Lord ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Was browsing through and thought I’d share my experience with you. My husband and I married in Malta last year and it was magical.

At first we weren't sure whether a wedding abroad would be the right option for us so we started off by having a look at the possibilities. Long story short, we decided that Malta would be the best place for us to have our wedding. My grandparents had spent sometime living there and they had always commented about the place. English is also widely spoken in Malta since it was a British colony in the past and the legalities linked to marrying there are fairly straightforward.

We then wanted to have a look at the prices for weddings in Malta in order to see whether it fit our budget so we contacted a couple of wedding planners for a quotation. It turned out that having a wedding in Malta was cheaper than having our wedding in the UK plus we could get married in the lovely summer sun!

We had really liked Lara and Matthew Forace from Wedding Wise and chose them as our wedding planners in Malta and we have absolutely no regrets. Planning the wedding was really easy thanks to them; I can't imagine having to do it all alone in a foreign country!!! On the day everything was planned to perfection from the ceremony, the food, the entertainment, and all the other little details in between Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner
    bella.sy ·
    • Hide content

I suggest that you stay here in UK. There are lots of beautiful places here.

Just come to think of it, there are lots of people are dying just to get here!

• S
    Sapphire Events ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

How about Jersey? It's not the UK but it's close to home and you can combine it with a holiday.

I'm an advertiser on here and you can check out my website if you want.

Good luck,

Sandra - Sapphire Events

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

Yeah...f you getting married in aboard that's so expenses you need enough money..but if you have budget of that go y not cause getting married in aboard is unique and awesome.. ?

• C
    Beginner November 2011
    Catx1606 ·
    • Hide content

If I could do it all again, I'd go abroad. We were going to do that in the first place and ended up getting marred in the uk and it's probably cost us double the amount. We would have only had a very small wedding and then a party for our friends back home. Everyone was prepared to pay for themselves so it would have worked out fine.

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weilee ·
    • Hide content

Stat a uk, so friends and families can attend. then you can go honeymoon oversea

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I think go abroad is better, you can experience the different custom.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics