Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Do I have to feed my evening guests?

warlycarly, 12 November, 2011 at 15:37 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello, I was wandering if you could help me and OH, we are having a debate about whether we need to feed our evening guests, he says no, but I think yes. Basically, our wedding is at 4pm, so will probably be eating around 6-6.30. So would you invite the evening guests before 6 to allow them to eat, or would you invite them after? We are having no other food, (we are having a buffet, but we are paying per head, so its not cheap) I really don't know what to do, I mean, if they come before 6 so they can eat, they might as well be invited to the ceremony, but I don't know. WWYD?

6 replies

Latest activity by Recycledbride, 12 November, 2011 at 18:42
  • A
    Beginner April 2012
    abi137 ·
    • Hide content

We were undecided about this were eating at 3-5ish with evening guests from 7.

spoke to our caterer and she suggested we do bacon butties at about 9ish which isnt costing us too much per head

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you will need to feed them a full buffet but something like bacon butties later in the night would be good- we went to a wedding where instead of an evening buffet they had mini burgers and chip cones at about 10:30- was brilliant!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought about bacon butties or chips, thats a good idea, I will have to speak to my venue and see if they will do that. Thank you.

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

We are doing the same and having a mix of bacon butties and mini fish and chips with mushy peas at about 9:30. It's working out much cheaper for us.

I think people would appreciate a little something later in the evening to soak up some of the alcohol ?

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Agree with the above deffo need to do something for the evening guests later on - we're just doing a hog roast and chip butties for our evening guests, think that should suit most, including the veggies!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I would like a bite to eat If I were invited, by the time you've got ready, travelled there, you've missed dinner and then you have alcohol with no food, that would be me drunk as a skunk within an hour!

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

I've been to weddings as an evening guest and Bacon butties and chips went down well. Another recent wedding did a selection of hot sandwiches but there were loads left over.

We are serving Afternoon tea to the day guests following 3pm ceremony then hot food at the evening venue to all guests around 9pm at (£10.15) per head.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics