Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2013

Do I need a Verger?? Church wedding packages

HAG13, 28 May, 2013 at 23:53 Posted on Planning 0 5

Our parish offers two wedding packages;

basic - minster, banns, marriage certificate

Full package - as above including organist, verger and flowers - it's an extra £125 for these. (However they don't supply flowers at our church)

I wish they wouldn't bundle things together, if we can't have flowers provided I'm hoping that they'll break it down so if they do...

do I need a verger? Anyone takers??

5 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 29 May, 2013 at 00:16
  • L
    Beginner June 2013
    Lauko ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably having a moment but what job would the verger do?

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

In short they are an extra pair of hands - make sure that the church is ready and that things run smoothly, will help granny to we seat and what not. Might be useful for us seeing as we don't have any adult ushers but I'm in two minds. Wedding coordinator of the church part maybe. Hmm, perhaps I do need one then!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Consider them the vicars hench-men, you gotta get through them to get to the boss.

Other than that they should open the door of the church for you to leave or if they cant get up or are asleep I will do it. Oh and will sing the loudest at the back of the church. Have you ever seen dads armys verger - nothing has changed

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    Lauko ·
    • Hide content

Ah, we weren't offered this but have 2adult ushers who can do stuff :-). We're pretty laid back anyway

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Sold on the singing there!! Love someone who's into their hymns!! I like trying and failing to sing me, happy for some to drown me out Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did not say they were in tune -------or singing the same song as everyone else

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics