Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katy
Beginner September 2023 Derbyshire

Do i need to put toiletries etc in the ladies toilets?

Katy, 29 July, 2023 at 13:44 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 7
Our venue has asked if we plan to put a basket of toiletries in the ladies toilets, tbh I’d never given it a thought. Has anybody/is anybody doing this? If so what did you put in, they suggested, mini deodorant, tights, tampax. TIA

7 replies

Latest activity by Katy, 2 August, 2023 at 08:45
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I would see that similar to favours, guests might think "oh this is nice" if it's there but no one is going to think it's missing if not. Do you have exclusive use of your venue? If not, then guests may not use them if they are not sure if it's for them.
  • Katy
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the venue is ours exclusively so we won’t have to worry about other people using them, I know what you mean about it being similar to favours and not being missed if not there though I guess I’m just trying to think if it would be a nice touch or overkill.
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    You don’t have to do anything.
    Usually it’s a nice touch but I wouldn’t be hung up on it. Most people will bring their own stuff in a little clutch especially if it’s a full day thing they are there for.
    I’ve seen people put all sorts in them baskets including emergency sewing kit, compeed, chewing gum, hair bobbles the lot lol
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's overkill.

I've been to a couple of weddings that have had stuff like this, but it's mostly been untouched until 'that guest' turns up who grabs everything that isn't nailed down!

• Katy
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that is a concern, I'm sure day guests would be respectful but less sure about evening guests, they'd be nothing of value in it though.

I think I'll think on it but thanks for the ideas of what to add if I do decide to do it.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We did this but kept it simple: deodorant, paracetamol, rennies & plasters (plus some panty liners in the ladies). Our venue was exclusive use, and not everyone could stay on site due to accommodation limitations. We know some of it was used, a couple of my ladies actually came over and thanked me for remembering deodorant, as it was a nice little refresh for them on such a long day. From memory the plasters and paracetamol were opened too.

I don’t think it’s necessary, and it’s not something to stress over, but I was told it was a lovely thought by several guests, so if you have time and if you want to do it, go for it.
  • Katy
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for this, I think if I do go for it I will just keep it very simple so thanks for the ideas :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics