Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2022 Hertfordshire

Do i need to tick ‘ceremony’ and ‘reception’ for all day guests?

Samantha, 23 of November of 2021 at 04:22 Posted on Planning 1 3

Hi,

Can anyone share some insight regarding what to tick when adding guests to the manager in relation to distributing invitations???

If I select ‘Ceremony’ and ‘reception’ for a guest, then distribute a invitation to the ‘Ceremony’ list and then a deprecate one to the ‘reception’ list, will guest that have both ticked receive both invitations?

My aim is to avoid confusing my guests and I certainly do not want them to receive two emails.

Thanks,

Sammie

3 replies

Latest activity by Samantha, 24 of November of 2021 at 04:22
  • Lucy
    South West London
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sammie,

This is up to your preference, you can consider the 'Ceremony' guest list your 'All day' guests and only ask them to respond to this event but tell them they are invited to all day. And then, have just your 'Reception' only guests in Reception.

Or, you might opt to have people coming to both Ceremony and Reception RSVP in case someone who can make it to the ceremony can't attend the reception.

You also don't have to use the 'Events' that are suggested in the Guest List, but can create your own so you could just create 2 events called 'All Day' and 'Evening' and only add guests to those lists. You won't be able to delete the suggested 'Ceremony' event but as long as no guests are added to it they won't know it exists as they're only asked to RSVP to events they're added into.

If you need any other help making/applying changes you can reach out to feedback@hitched.email

Wishing you all the best for your wedding planning,

Lucy x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We changed ours to Ceremony and Evening. We have sent evites through our email account and explained what they need to tick (our day guests are also on the evening list so we can cater for both meals) as it felt easier to do it that way
  • S
    Beginner April 2022 Hertfordshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both, I’ll review and shall give it shot.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics