Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Do I or do suppliers do the chasing?

pandorasbox, 14 January, 2012 at 09:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

Not heard from my tog, cake lady, caterer, venue etc in many many months (almost a year and a half in some cases). All of them said they would be in touch 'nearer the time'. Does 6 months-ish to go not count as near enough yet? We haven't arranged a tasting, menu, wines or anything like that, and loads of venue stuff is still up in the air. But I don't want to start chasing them and look like a crazy bride if they are going to get in touch with me in another month or so. Shall I wait a bit to see?

9 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 14 January, 2012 at 15:59
  • Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I've not heard from anyone yet and I'm not worried as I just imagine how many weddings suppliers will have, they'll be prioritising those getting married in 3 months or less at the moment. My venue have said we'll have a meeting 4 months before the wedding to discuss arrangements etc so we're only having that next month & we need to book an engagement shoot with the TOG but that will be a few weeks before the wedding I think.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Maybe 4-3 months is standard then, so I won't worry just yet Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Don't panic, we didn't hear from the TOG till 3 weeks before and most people really till a couple of months before (normally when the final balance is due)

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt be worried & would also think 3mths out would be more then adequate. If its a good venue, they would at least have a seasonal menu, therefore 6mths out it would be different to what they have for the wedding. If you are concerned, I'd write a quick email to them asking to confirm the bookings you have.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Our caterers ask us to pick the menu two weeks before! As it was, we just asked them if we could pick it earlier to give us time to print special menus and stuff.

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry. Alot of our suppliers told use they wouldn't be in touch again until they wanted more money! Which is 6 weeks before the wedding.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Ok thanks everyone, I will just have to take off my super-dooper organisers hat and wait a bit then Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You could arrange another meeting with your venue although be prepared for menus to change in between now and the wedding but at least you will be able to have a meal there so you can see what the food is like.

As for the others, 6 months is a little early to be going into the nitty gritty/final details. A lot can happen in 6 months especially in the wedding world LOL! Lots of customers change their minds about colours, ideas, themes, bridesmaids, etc and trends can change very quickly too. For example, 6 months ago, black and white flowers or teal/aqua etc.. were very 'in'. Although there are still some teal weddings being booked, the trend is leaning towards more pastel, watercolourey colours for vintage/english country garden themes and bright pinks/purples/oranges for bolder themes. I normally start to finalise details around the 4 month mark but this is mainly because I work 2/3 months ahead. So I would say in a couple of months, your suppliers will start to pester you! Enjoy the rest while you can Smiley winking

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We contact our couples about 3 months before their wedding to arrange the pre-wedding meeting, so I wouldn't worry about contacting anybody just yet. Most of your suppliers will wait until a bit closer to the time of your wedding then you're more likely to have your timings etc for the day finalised.

Hope that helps ?

Ali x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Rainbow Florist and Simon and Allison, it is reassuring to hear from suppliers as to your usual procedures Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics