Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JellyBellyBride
Beginner December 2014

Do I walk in with the fur stole on or off??

JellyBellyBride, 20 of August of 2014 at 16:33 Posted on Planning 0 8

While I was daydreaming about how I see the wedding going earlier today (as you do, when you're meant to be working!) I wondered if I should walk in wearing my fur stole (faux, might I add). I've got myself all of a dither about it now - even though the wedding is 4 months away!

So I'm wearing a burgundy dress with a cream faux fur stole. Obviously, I'm expecting to be a bit chilly as it will be mid-December so will be wearing it to the ceremony venue. Do I then take it off before I go in? Or do I walk in with it on?

I really don't know why I'm obsessing over this, I know it's a small thing in the grand scale of things but it's stuck in my head now!

8 replies

Latest activity by Jane, 3 of February of 2022 at 15:53
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'd say off, but only because you'll probably have plenty of opportunities to have it on throughout the rest of the day- for example, if you're having group photos outside you may want it on then, or for some B&G photos. It'll just give some variety I suppose. But it'll look amazing either way, so it's a win win ?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Off, unless you need it on because it's cold! You might need it on for a church weddings, but you won't need it at a hotel or register office.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Depends how attached you are to it, would you regret not wearing it at your ceremony, something to think about, I'm sure the venue would have the ceremony room heated up.?

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

What a good question. As a fellow December bride, I'm also doing the fur thing. I'm planning to take mine off to walk in and for the ceremony, possibly rashly given it's a church ceremony, but I'd like the dress and veil to shine. I will probably ask the chauffeur to look after it for me, and grab it sharpish when we go back outside!

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

Another December bride with a fur stole. I'm not wearing mine to walk in as I want people to see the detail and embellished cap sleeves on my dress and the low back. Mine is a civil ceremony so it won't be cold in the ceremony though. So I guess it depends on what your dress is like and whether you need it on for warmth purposes. I intend to wear mine for some more interesting shots outside, weather permitting.

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, I think I will take it off to walk in and then put it back on for photo's after. We aren't getting married in a church so I expect it will be relatively warm for the ceremony.

Thanks all, I can always rely on you!

• K
    Beginner December 2014
    K80_fsh ·
    • Hide content

I was too wondering about this... I am getting married in December too and outside!!! *shiver* so will probably want to keep as warm as possible. But will try and just keep it for photos after, would like my groom to see all of my dress first!

Out of curiosity where have you all purchased your faux fur items from?xx

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from The Throw Company:-

http://www.fauxthrow.com/faux-fur-stoles-flings-flappers-shrugs/faux-fur-stoles/marilyn-faux-fur-stole.htm

It was a bit more than I was going to pay but it is really gorgeous, I love it and can't wait to wear it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics