Charlie-Lou, 1 of October of 2011 at 14:34 Posted on Planning 0 36

And tell me what wedding favours your having, i need some inspiration? TIA

36 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 3 of October of 2011 at 14:18
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Green & Blacks miniature chocolate bars tied with a ribbon.

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're having chocolate initials for our guests

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

We had cookies

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We had mini-thank you scrolls secured with red roses.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Were not having any really, they will have a Granny Smith apple as a place name and doubling up as a favour!

Although we are having a sweetie buffet along with the evening buffet also. x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

We had favour boxes in the shape of a bride & groom from poundland, 10p per one! I then made the chocolates to go inside. I bought tobelerone bars & plain chocolate. Melted, added glace cherries to some, coconut, raisins and dried fruit in others and put into heart shaped moulds. Home made, delicious & cheaper than shop chocolates.

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

I'm attempting to make Jam & Chutneys ?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

My theme is butterflies so im painting wooden ones and attaching ribbon with a luggage tag......for the ladies....the boys are getting mini dairy milks in a purple bag.....same luggage tags attached....

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Homemade toffee apples ?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I'm half Welsh, half Scottish, so we're having mini Welsh lovespoons for the ladies and mini Scottish whiskies from my Dad's clan for the gents, both tied with teal ribbon (teal has become our colour). Planning to provide teal pashminas for the ladies too.

• B
    Beginner
    Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.maplemollys.co.uk/productDetail.cfm?Id=172

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Not particularly inspiring, but either good old fashioned sugared almonds, or home made truffles in something like this

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We had glass jam jars with red spotty lids and blue ribbon, filled with sweeties.

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

As we're getting married on Easter Sunday we're having egg cups with a cadbury creme egg in and chocolate bunnies for the children.

My brother had t-towels with their name and wedding date on, my other friend had little bottles of rum for men and home made lavendar bags for the women, friend who got married at xmas had crackers, another friend had their name printed on packets of m&m's.....hope this helps!

• A
    Beginner April 2012
    aprilbride ·
    • Hide content

My colours are purple and white.

Im having charity cards with pins on them and putting them in small purple envelopes with there names on in silver then adding little diamontes too.

That way they double up as place cards too and also spread the word for the chosen charity. We are havin champaigne and canopes later a 4 course meal and eve buffet and free bar so a little choc on a plate wont get noticed i think.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

Bees wax candles at the wedding and these...

For the blessing in orange striped bags with personalised thank you stickers

• katielou87
    Beginner April 2012
    katielou87 ·
    • Hide content

Were having sticks of rock with our names on! Cant wait to see what they look like! Smiley laugh

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

We're not having favours.

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    birdboo ·
    • Hide content

Seed bombs from seed I've harvested over the summer. A mixture of Californian poppy, summer pansies and french marigolds.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

I was going to make homemade rocky roads but now looking at the boxes we've bought it'd be difficult to make them small enough to fit.

so now thinking of giving people everyone a couple of "celebrations" chocolates or something - they are only £5 a tin at the moment so very cheap. but i'm worried people will think it comes across as cheap too IFYKIM! what do you girls reckon!?

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

Could you not make rocky road and then use a cutter to make them small enough? Or make fudge or something if you're worried about the celebrations. If you put 5 celebrations in they'd just take the place of almonds so would be fine.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We didn't bother with favours, but I made origami boats for the tables and had some sweets in them, so they could be shared by everyone on the table.

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

We are having mini cupcakes or cake pops (not decided which yet) but our catering company are doing them! They will be wrapped in cellophane tied with ribbon, they will also have little labels with names on so they double as place cards.

• D
    Delmar Dreams ·
    • Hide content

If you decide on traditional favours, we would be happy to offer advice and can provide nets & favour boxes in many designs to match your colour theme. We can also provide the components if you would like to make them yourself.

Maria

Delmar Dreams

• L
    Beginner
    Lilywhite25 ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about some wedding Rock? We supply Rock Sweets at £5.20 for 50 sweets.

http://www.favourfever.co.uk/Rock_Sweets/p878440_4283504.aspx#

We have lots of other options, check out our website. We also can arrange personalised cupcakes too

Emma @FavourFever

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're having trolley tokens, which we picked up cheaply, then will makea donation to a cancer charity with the rest of the favour budget

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We had these;

sweets plus teacups which doubled up as place settings- my mum bless her bought everyone a lottery ticket- out of 62 guests we won a total of £6.....

• Charlie-Lou
    Beginner June 2012
    Charlie-Lou ·
    • Hide content

Some really good ideas here and its gave me lots to think about, thank you very much ladies! Smiley smile

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Cake Pops!! First trial last night went ok... on the upside even if they didnt look profesh they tasted wonderful! xx

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at xmas so thinking of doing homemade christmas chutney and little organza bags with hand warmers in Smiley smile xx

ive been married before too ? and had cd's that we made with all our fav music on ,they went down well x

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

We're having sweetie centrepieces so that will be the favours. We will provide bags & boxes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics