Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2016

Do not use tailors Isaac Walton in Newcastle Upon Tyne

CuratorialBride, 11 of May of 2016 at 18:46 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all,

I don't like to black list companies normally but the manager/owner of this shop was just so rude and unprofessional that I wanted to warn any other brides. They are a tailors in Newcastle and we rang them in March to get a quote, which was £10 per tie. We dropped the material off on 5th March and were told it would be a month as they were busy. We rang after about a month and were told that they weren't ready. This went on for another month with us calling and being told they would be done and it not happening. We finally arranged to pick them up on Wednesday 11th May, today. I got a call saying they were finished, and the price was £40 per tie!!

the lady was very rude when I said that we had agreed £10 per tie, practically saying I was lying. She was so rude I didn't want to go into the shop on my own, but took my fiancé. We had yet another discussion with her where she was very rude, suddenly saying the normal price for a tie was £25. In the end we got her down to £15 per tie and took them and paid.

Overall it was just a really upsetting experience, we get married on 21st and so it was cutting things fine, as well as the fact that she really upset me by being so rude.

Please if you have to use this tailors, make sure you get everything in writing and leave them PLENTY of time as they seem incapable of sticking to either a timetable or an agreed price

• H
    HappyGreenFlowers14700 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Just wanted to say that I wish I had read your review before I used issac Walton for a minor alteration!

What a hoorible experience it was! Here is the review that this experience prompted -

Dreadful experience. As you can see from some of the other reviews the owner?/manager? becomes loud, arrogant and aggressive if you dare to disagree even slightly with her loud, persistant assertions that work carried out is perfect. I can honestly say that she is by far the rudest, most unpleasant, most unprofessional person I have ever met.BE WARNED AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics