Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Do the BMs & BM get an invitation?

Gillsy, 5 January, 2010 at 11:26 Posted on Planning 0 13

Another silly question.....

Do the BMs and the BM get the same invitations as the guests ie with the RSVP date and address??? Do they have to RSVP cos obviously they'll be coming to the wedding but I suppose you have to invite their partners so do you just send the invitation to their partner?

What are you doing???

13 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 5 January, 2010 at 20:54
  • AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

With close family weddings (eg SIL2B's) we've been to we've had an invite but not RSVP'd properly as obviously we're going.

I'm going to send my BM's and best man etc an invite, especially as they might like to keep them. I have the invites from when i was a BM.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Im giving them invites as i thought they might be nice little keepsakes for them! Will tell them not to worry about rsvp'ing though!

• S
    Beginner May 2010
    surfgirl ·
    • Hide content

We sent them the same invitations as everybody else minus an rsvp (i assume they'll be there!) I think it was more as a formality than anything

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gillsy

I've just sent my invitations out and have sent everyone the same. I guess you don't really need to but one of my bridesmaid's wanted one as a keepsake anyway so for that reason I even sent them to our parents (my mum asked for one too).

Do you have much else to do (we're the same day and i'm panicing that i've forgotten something vital)?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls - just going to do the same invites for them as the guests and will say not to bother about the RSVPs (unless they really want to!!!).

Baz - didn realise we were the same day!!!! Things are on track I think. Working on getting all the invitations out by the end of the month. Going to see the hotel for our 3 month meeting on Friday to finalise the menu, make a payment and submit our room allocation. Other than that things are looking good. Hows your planning going???

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you're doing well. I'm trying to be organised to avoid having too much to do later on and it seems to be going OK. Just found my bridesmaids' their shoes. Having a weddingy weekend this weekend as my mum is coming to stay and it'll be the first time she's seen my dress! Am about to start looking for presents for my bridesmaids etc but other than that doing OK. Just trying to make sure there's nothing i've forgotten. It suddenly seems very close. ?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you are really sorted too Baz - can't believe that its so close either!!!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I sent them an invitation and expect them to RSVP! ? I sent one to my parents and expected an RSVP too! Needless to say their RSVP arrived the day after they'd received the invitation ?

I'm already drafting my response to the none-RSVPers...

"So sorry you can't make it to our wedding" ?

• ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

We sent them to everyone, and I mean everyone, even our two children!!!

My sister who was my CBM would have been gutted if she didn't get one and she also wanted to give us a rsvp card.

Our children also rsvp'd in a lovely little card they made. Awwww

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I'm sending invites to everyone except me and the groom and my parents as the invite is coming from them so they won't invite themselves!!

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thats so funny

• bridgetvictoria
    Beginner April 2010
    bridgetvictoria ·
    • Hide content

I always keep Invites and orders of service as momentos so would always like to receive them x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to send them all one as a keepsake but make the insides slightly different... I was inspired by this

https://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2009/03/envelope-pocket-love.html

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Of course!! keepsake and all that....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics