Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs S Smith
Beginner August 2007

Do they sell sugarpaste at Morrisons?

Mrs S Smith, 16 June, 2009 at 15:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

As per the title really.

All part of the Big 3-0 shenanigans, I'm going to attempt making a big cake for the first time in my life, and although I'd love the idea of making my own sugar paste, I've got enough to keep me busy in preping everything Thurs and Fri night plus Sat morning ?

I've been told Tesco's and ASDA sell it, but I'm not sure about Morrison's which is the one down the road from us, and I'm on public transport..

?

xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by Hello Sunshine, 16 June, 2009 at 18:58
  • Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure they will. If they don't have their own brand, they should at least have Dr Otker (sp? formerly Supercook) in stock. If it's a standard size cake, you can buy ready rolled, which is a bit more expensive but saves a lot of effort. I use it for my Christmas cakes. ?

• Mrs S Smith
    Beginner August 2007
    Mrs S Smith ·
    • Hide content

Ooh fab, thanks - yet again - Mrs M!

I'm going to scower the isles of Morrison's tonight on my way home then.. Fingers crossed!!

I'm not actually quite sure how big the cake is going to be, yet... Which doesn't bode too well! lol! But if the worst comes to worst, I'll get some rolled-stuff ?

xxx

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

I've bought it from Morrisons before, both own brand and Dr Oeteker (sp)

Don't forget marzipan too so you get a smoother finish!

• Mrs S Smith
    Beginner August 2007
    Mrs S Smith ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhh fab, thanks for that! Will make sure I get the marzipan as well ?

xxx

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

I prefer the natural-coloured marzipan to the really yellow one. It makes such a massive difference to the finished article!

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

It honestly wouldn't occour to me to use marzipan on a sponge cake and would generally stick the icing on with some butter cream. Am I commiting crimes against cakes? ?

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

?

No Madge, I suspect it means you're just far better at baking / icing than I am ?

I somehow always end up with a wonky top / sides and marzipan just helps make it look less crap.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics