Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner July 2025 Essex

Do vendors increase their costs in peak season?

Isabel, 18 of December of 2023 at 17:48 Posted on Planning 0 3
This may sound like a silly / obvious question (if you know the answer!) but do wedding vendors tend to increase their costs during peak season? I know that venues do, I’m just wondering if florists, makeup artists, hair stylist etc do also?

Currently sat on the fence between a Saturday weddi in March and a Saturday in July…

3 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 20:23
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Most hairdressers I found charged the same rate all year. Photographers didn't tend to offer a cheaper rate out of season, but they were sometimes willing to provide reduced coverage (e.g. half a day, not a whole day) for midweek or out of season weddings - something to consider if you're not fussed about having every little detail recorded. With florists, it very much depends on the kind of flowers you want, but you will have a wider availability in July, especially of local flowers, which might keep your costs down.

One thing that will make a difference - if you are honeymooning straight after the wedding, then the prices are likely to shoot up once you get into school holidays, so March (avoiding Easter) might be the best bet for that.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

With photographers at least Its the other way around really as summer is the normal cost but are willing to shoot for less in the winter.

I have always thought that winter weddings should cost more because they are much more challenging to photograph. So if you do choose March then make sure that you potential photographer can show you plenty of example weddings that they have shot in winter.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Normally MUA and hair stylists have minimum numbers for peak seasons to make it worthwhile for them X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics