Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Do we need a venue dresser?

Purple Pixie, 15 March, 2011 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0 11

The events team at the hotel said that they are happy to set things up. They'll put place names, table names, favours etc out but I need more things than that setting up and I don't know where there limits are (or what their artistic skills are like). I'm getting ready at the venue but I won't have time to do it myself. We'll need our cakes setting up (one for during the meal and one for the evening - and they're going to be fiddly!) and our sweet table setting up. I'm hoping to book someone to do chair covers and our florist will sort out the centrepieces.

We also want some of the garden 'dressing' and a few things adding in the evening.

Do I need to get a venue dresser (and would they stay to help turn the marquee round after the meal?) or should I push my luck with the events team and hope they are artistic enough to do cake/sweets/displays etc.?

11 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 15 March, 2011 at 21:04
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

These are all the things we do, if you look through my albums all of the chair covers, backdrops, tablecentres at the weddings are done by us and our ours that we hire. We set up everything from the tables to backdrops, chair covers, table plans, practically everything. If you want to talk more feel free to email me.

• green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

Some venues are very good at decorating but all depends on the staff. I have been to some venues that have the sashes for chair covers at different heights and even different type of bows.

Its a bit of a gamble so i would suggest that you get someone in to do it, unless you know that the venue can deliver exactley what you want.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sherrie, I think our wedding's probably too far away from you. Shame though as I've seen lots of evidence of your creative side so I wouldn't have to worry about things looking good.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Where is the wedding? We work all over the country.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I didn't realise that Sherrie. It's in Sutton Coldfield (NE of Birmingham).

It's so annoying. I'd really love to do it myself but this thing called 'looking nice' seems to take up so much time on a wedding morning ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Not too far at all I have worked in Staffs, Birmingham & Coventry before.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Our venue said that for people with a lot to set up or with something unusual, they usually ask someone to do an example, take photos, then they'll copy that. Might be worth doing if you want something just so xx
  • Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Doing it the night before is not an option. Mainly because there'll be a wedding in there I would think but also because I can't leave a cake out all night.

Sherrie - when I get a few minutes I'll drop you an e-mail. It would be good to have someone I 'know' doing things. Hope you're strong though - I make big cakes ?

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

This was my worry so I've booked Sherrie! Too much worry and hassle relying on other people and knowing me I would worry myself silly. At least now I know it'll be taken care of and will be done right!

xxx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics