Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Do You Eat Lamb - Food Choices HELP!!

27 March, 2012 at 18:59

Posted on Planning 45

Random question but I know I few people (not vegetarians either) who don't eat lamb. Is this a common thing? Lamb is our favourite and we were going to have it as the main course but would it be wiser to go for the pork? (see options below) Starter Green pea, broad bean & asparagus risotto (a...

Random question but I know I few people (not vegetarians either) who don't eat lamb. Is this a common thing?

Lamb is our favourite and we were going to have it as the main course but would it be wiser to go for the pork? (see options below)

Starter

Green pea, broad bean & asparagus risotto (a veggie starter as this was our favourite at the menu tasting)

Main Course

Slow cooked crispy pork with Oriental plum sauce or Roast leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, South Farm redcurrant jelly

Chard and gruyere tart for the vegetarians (chard is a bit like spinach but more delicate in flavour)

Dessert

This will be a choice of:

Summer fruit cheesecake

Chocolate & Cointreau truffle torte or

French apple tart

What are your opinions on the menu? Would you go for the lamb and give the non-lamb meat eaters the veggie choice? Or do you think pork sounds better. I think lamb compliments the starter more but the food was all so good that it's made it difficult to make a decision!

45 replies

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

If you love lamb have it!

I wouldn't eat it. But then I wouldn't eat your risotto eiether!

So I'd just be hungry, but I wouldn't complain because it is your day. If people do complain tell them they can only complain if they are paying for it. Which they are not, so nerrrr!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lydeep ·
    • Hide content

Personally I don't eat Lamb. It stems from when I was a child I didn't like the thought of eating such a cute animal but now because I haven't eaten in in about 20 years I find it such a distinctive taste (if I have accidentally eaten it) that I don't like the taste. I won't eat anything on buffets etc unless I know what it is to avoid eating lamb, which was a nightmare when I used to work in the United Arab Emirates where lamb seems to feature in most things!!!

I went to a wedding a few years ago and their main course was lamb which I did not know about, so I kindly asked to have the veggie option (even though I am not a fan of veg I thought it only polite to eat something considering the cost of the wedding breakfasts), to which I was met with a very stern 'have you ordered vegetarian as I don't think we have any more vegetarian meals' . I replied no as I didn't know it was lamb and I dont eat lamb. Whereas if I knew it was lamb beforehand I would have asked them to order be a vegetarian option.

We have been lucky with our venue as they have said that we can give guests a choice of 3/4 main meals in the invites and as long as we collate the numbers and give the list of who wants what to the venue they will arrange it.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this!

• PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't eat lamb or pork but thats just because i'm one of those fussy eaters who eats hardly any meat but isn't a vegetarian (I just don't like the texture of meat in my mouth)

My sister in law got married last year and we didn't get meal choices, those of us who didn't like the food we were given just ate around the bits we didn't like and got on with it! Smiley smile

• B
    Bev Downie ·
    • Hide content

I think both sound amazing! I'd go with what you like best and people can choose between that and veggie.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics