Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner March 2009

Do you feed the photographer?!

the future mrs h, 24 of February of 2009 at 12:43 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi

I'm just doing my table plan, and I hadn't thought about this, but should I be paying for my photographer to eat the meal? And if so, should I include them on the seating plan?!

Thanks!

16 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 28 of November of 2018 at 19:57
  • bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

We will, but only cos he is a guest first and foremost (he's my best mate's hubby)

is there an opportunity to give him a bar meal or a lighter meal?

• xxxsnowbunnyxxx
    Beginner
    xxxsnowbunnyxxx ·
    • Hide content

We spoke to our photographer about this and he said just ask the venue to provide a small meal and he will eat it in the bar area.

• I
    idlehans ·
    • Hide content

No. I dont get when this is sometimes expected. My wife makes great sandwiches.

tom

• CountDuckula
    Beginner August 2009
    CountDuckula ·
    • Hide content

Yes we are feeding ours. He will be having a full 3 course meal, wedding cake and evening buffet as well as any booze he wants. He will also be on the seating plan. Same for his girlfriend as well.

He is OH's brother ?

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

We fed our videographers and photographers. I asked what they'd prefer to do and our togs said that they prefer to eat in the bar area so that they can look through their film etc (and compare who has taken the best photos so far lol). We arranged and paid for sandwich platters but I have a feeling the venue just took out hot meals as I assume they have to cook extra anyway.

• M
    Beginner
    MayDay ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't include him in my table plan but will ask the venue to supply a hot meal for him to eat (which we'll pay for).

• T
    Beginner March 2009
    the future mrs h ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

I'll speak to the venue about it. Might just check with him first that he actually wants one! I just wasn't sure if it was the 'norm' but from most of your responses, it sounds like it is.

Thank you :o)

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I would word it differently...."What can the photographer do about eating" rather than "do we need to pay for the food for the photographer" This puts the emphasis back on to the venue.

Many venues I do will supply food free of charge to those working on your day.

• T
    Beginner March 2009
    the future mrs h ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tip Peter!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS, the same with our videographer too.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Peter for that tip.

Yes Lisa your tog and dvd got hot meals, chicken I think and possibly the same meal as you served your guests.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I thought i spotted some plates going out to the courtyard. Yep that's the same meal as our guests.

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Another thing I never thought about!, although when we went to see our photographer I asked him if he was going to stay (as he is a friend of h2b's) and he said that he never stays for the whole wedding (even friends) as his priority is the phoographs so likes to get home straight after taking the pics to start processing them.

Need to double check this with him.

• S
    Beginner June 2009
    soontobemarried ·
    • Hide content

Our videographer is my sisters OH, so he will be fed and on the seating plan.

We have not sorted a photographer yet, but we will feed him something too.

• L
    LuxuriousRedStationery74014 ·
    • Hide content

WOW, photographers are the only vendors that spend the entire day at the wedding. Many times over 12 hours. How you could not think about that. It's pretty easy, if you are a decent human being, this thought won't even cross your mind and it will be an automatic process for you!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I’m having a very small wedding and not having a photographer but if they’re not a friend or family member and charging you lots and lots of money why should you pay more to feed them? They’re getting paid to do a job. Is it not their own responsibility to get their own food or am I just being really mean?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics