Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

gee_gee
Beginner August 2013

Do you get evening guests to sign Guest Book?

gee_gee, 7 August, 2012 at 18:14 Posted on Planning 0 6

When did you/are you planning to pass around your guest book?

I've only been to 1 wedding where there has been a guest book and it was passed around during the meal. I was thinking of getting one of those mounted single sheet guest books and was wondering how I would get people to sign it? It's going to be an A1 sheet so not really easy to pass around iykwim. I also wondered what size to get as do evening guests generally sign them?

6 replies

Latest activity by Spookle, 8 August, 2012 at 20:04
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I would personally leave it on a table in a fairly prominent position (near the card box perhaps) and just make sure you get BMs and ushers to make sure everyone know it's there.

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

I have signed guest books and frames as an evening guest. It's a nice way for them to feel included. If not possible to pass round, put in prominent position and delegate people to encourage others to sign. My cousin had a photo of her and OH from engagement shoot and people were asked to write in pencil....just a thought! Also, might be wise to take it away as night goes on and people have had a bit too much to drink!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Our ushers took our books round in the evening so that both day and eveining guests had a chance to sign, they were then left on the cake table in clear view so any stragglers could add extra comments if they wished!

• R
    Beginner July 2013
    Rachel88 ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married last week and she had it beside the tea/coffee and scones that were there for when you arrived lots of ppl signed it then. During the meal the BMs passed it around the table and it was then mentioned during the speeches. During the evening do the BMs went around saying to people to sign the book and when they were calling ppl for the evening buffet people were reminded again.

I was BM for my friend in June and me and the other BM did the same...i was worried that we might annoy ppl going around so much but no1 seemed to mind. This worked well for theirs as most guests (all day and evening) signed the guest book.

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Spookle ·
    • Hide content

I am having a guest book on a table at the evening reception but all invited are for the full day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics