Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

do you have a prefence of travel company to book with?

moonpie1985, 21 October, 2011 at 14:11 Posted on Planning 0 16

Kuoni?

Virgin?

Thomas Cook?

First Choice?

I have never booked a package holiday before or used any company to book a holiday for me, so wondering if there is a massive amount of difference?

16 replies

Latest activity by moonpie1985, 22 October, 2011 at 17:15
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have never really done the whole high street package thing, it has normally been a lesser known much smaller travel company.

My honeymoon was a Kuoni one but we didn't book with them, we booked with Tropical Warehouse who are part of Blue Bay Travel.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

The last few holidays we have had were through Thomson/first choice. Can't fault them so we have also booked our honeymoon through them too.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I used to use Thompson a lot as they always seemed to be cheapest online. Hooneymoon was cheaper with Co Op Travel thought.

I would say avoid Sunmasters, dreadful service.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks! i have just called them and spoken to Chris who was exceptionally helpful and has really put my mind at rest.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

We do like Thomas Cook.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are very welcome, I found them to be very very knowledgeable and good value for money too.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

We ended up booking with Virgin for our Honeymoon back on 2008 but also looked at Kuoni. Virgin were very good but tbh H and I quite like booking everything ourselves online without a travel co involved. However, you do get the honeymoon perks when booking with a travel company!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

We used co-op travel who booked through thomas cook signature....i normally ring round and see who can get the best price an then go between the lowest 2, hays travel is another favourite of ours, they normally beat everyone else but on this occasion co-op did, think we got about £300 off the starting price!

• sarah8286
    Beginner June 2014
    sarah8286 ·
    • Hide content

It really does depend on where you want to go.. I work for thomas cook in a travel agents and we can book you to anywhere in the world. but if you are wanting to go to the maldives or australia say then you wouldnt be able to do via the internet with thomas cook or first choice you would need to either ring up or go into a store. I am biased an will say I would always book with thomas cook for places like mexico, cuba or spain etc but if you want safari, maldives new zealand etc then kuoni are by far the best price... for USA use virgin.. all of these can be booked in your nearest thomas cook though Smiley winking would never book via the internet or with a small company not in this climate with so many tour ops going bust every day!! Pay that little bit extra to get piece of mind you will def get on your honeymoon!!

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sachar ·
    • Hide content

I totally agree with Sarah. Having also worked for Thomas cook, I would not book with a small agency in this climate. Obviously for a short break away such as a hen do, do it independently. Easyjet flights, accommodation with a different website and transfers with resort hoppa or train etc. I always make sure I shop around and found from my experience that Hayes and Jarvis were best pricewise. Kuoni wouldn't price match. The agent said they didn't think they needed to due to the service they provide and the awards they have won. Good for them, and if money was no object I would agree. However, in our situation the £700 or so we saved can go towards wine at the wedding!!

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married and honeymooning abroard and weve booked and sorted everything with Thomas cook, they have been extremely helpful and efficient. ?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

for what we want (something that is travel agent booked, and all inclusive), i would not want to be booking independantly, which is what i usual do when i go travelling in europe or just the uk.

its my honeymoon, so i want no hassel, no stress, no worries.

so far thomas cook has seemed great too.

low deposit to secure it and seems very flexible about getting things upgraded if we wish.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics