Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

colldel1981
Beginner August 2012

Do you have the same amount of BM's as Ushers/Bestmen?

colldel1981, 6 February, 2012 at 10:23 Posted on Planning 0 16

Please help,

I'm confused,I've lost a Bm's and now I dont have Equal Ushers/BM's..

Does this matter xx

16 replies

Latest activity by lotte_, 7 February, 2012 at 15:57
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters, but I just happen to have equal just coincidentally. I think people can take it too far, asking people they aren't necessarily all that close to to be a BM/usher. My cousin's husband has 4 brothers and 2 best friends who all stood up with him, and she only have 4 BMs, and it was fine!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

We've got 2 ushers plus best man and only two bridesmaids. I don't think it really matters.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have thought it matters, personal preference. I happen to have 3 bms and h2b has a best man and 2 ushers so it will look equal until you add in my 2 flower girls.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to have anything!

Some people like equal numbers because it looks good in the photos. Some like to have more ushers because they do practical jobs during the ceremony, such as handing out orders of service, showing people to their seats etc.

I only have 2 bridesmaids, whereas Mr Knees has a best man, and then 6 ushers (3 brothers, BIL, 2 mates).

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Very Much...

My aunty was making out you have to have the same amount.But I didnt think you did...cheers xxx

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We have got the same number, but that's more coincidence than planning. I don't think it matters at all.

I'm so surprised when it comes to wedding planning how many things people say you "have" to have.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I happen to have the same numbers but only because it worked out that way 1 bm, 1moh, 4 flower girls, 4 mini groomsmen, the bm and 1 usher although we may need 2 more ushers as when i went to see our ceremony room the guide said 2-3 would be needed to seat the 120 guests quickly ! personally i dont think it matters do what you want x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Nah doesn't matter a jot.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

No we have no ushers, 1 bestman and 2 bridesmaids. x

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

No, it doesn't matter at all.

I had 6 BM's and 2 ushers.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm afraid I'm a little OCD, and would say they need to match...BUT for reasons that can't be helped, ours no longer matches, and I'm actually feeling fine about it as I don't think it will matter. For men we have 7 in suits (groom, 2 best men, 2 ushers, 2 dads) but women only have the bride and 3 maids. So not at all balanced but so what, as long as you have those you care about, (I've finally learned) that's whats important.

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is me... I have 4 bridesmaids and 4 men (1BM and 3 ushers) and then my dad and OH dad in suits too. I really wanted the photos to be balanced. My sister had 3 bridesmaids and 5 men in her wedding pics and they also look lovely. It's all down to personal taste and if you aren't OCD like me then I am sure it does not matter one little bit :-) x

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Doesn't matter at all IMO - I've got 3 BM's and 1 flower girl, OH has 4 ushers and a best man.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

We have the same amount by coincidence too but a coincidence I'm happy about as want them all on the top table and makes my table nicely even and balanced! x

• P
    Beginner June 2013
    pokarekareana ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters - I honestly couldn't tell you if the last wedding I went to had even numbers. I've got 3 maids (two adults, one child) & OH has his best man and four ushers.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

We have 3 bridesmaids, 1 best man & no ushers.

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    lotte_ ·
    • Hide content

1 best man, 2 ushers, 1 page boy and 1 bridesmaid!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics