Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Do you have to be christened to marry in church??

mummymrs2b, 2 December, 2011 at 17:11 Posted on Planning 0 6

As title says, ive tried googling but not getting a certain answer. Anyone getting (or been) married in church that isnt christened? xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs P 2 B, 4 December, 2011 at 19:25
  • Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on your local church. When me and OH were looking on website it said it didn't matter (neither of us are christened). Our vicar said it was not a problem , our issue was we live 5 minutes from church but it comes under a different area. We have to go to church for 9 months to prove our dedication. I would contact your local church and they will answer all your queastions xx

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/

Try this website for all church wedding related questions. Its a website built by the CofE.

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

I would agree that it will depend on the church. I'm not christened but OH is, one of us needed to be christened to get married in church. As with sparkly we're getting married in a different parish we have to go to church for 6 months to prove our dedication which december will be the 6 month! So hopefully we will be able to arrange a meeting for january to officially confirm our wedding including times etc. Contact the church and they should be able to help you.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I'm not christened and I got married in a church. They didn't even ask us about it.

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Niether OH or myself are christened but we are getting married in our local CofE church ?

• K
    Beginner December 2011
    king george ·
    • Hide content

The laws have been relaxed now and you dont have to be christened check out that webiste link above it does have loads of great info x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married in RC church and one has to be a catholic and the other christened.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics