Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2018

Do you have to have a maid of honour and cheif bridesmaid?

rusticbride90, 11 of March of 2016 at 07:58 Posted on Planning 0 3

Ive already asked 4 of my friends and my OH sister to be bridesmaids and yesterday someone asked me who my maid of honour was... i dont have one?!

I just asked all 5 if they would be my bridesmaid.. do you have to have a maid of honour/cheif bridesmaid and if so, why? If its for legal formalities then how do you pick? If not is it ok just to have bridesmaids?

3 replies

Latest activity by rusticbride90, 11 of March of 2016 at 09:28
  • Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

It's absolutely fine if you just want to have bridesmaids. It's just usually your closest bridesmaid and the one who does most of the organising. But quite honestly I don't think it makes that much difference.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Only thing you "need" when it comes to a wedding is a partner and a registrar. Other than that, there's no hard and set rules when it comes to this sort of thing so if you prefer just to have bridesmaids then that's upto you

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

In england all you need is a registrar, finance and 2 witnesses + £115 for legal fees

in other places you dont even need that, in Ohio ive read that you can marry yourselves without an officiant or witnesses ? I guess they just take your word for it

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

Thats a relief thanks so much everyone, I was panicking thinking how on earth do I pick between them as very close to them all. I dont want to delegate too many jobs as I know they have their own lives to concentrate on and kids etc. So have only really said so far i want no part in hen do planning and im leaving that completley upto them. Ill probably have them double checking suppliers on the day and day before for me and overseeing any problems on the day (fingers crossed there wont be any), so that i can just get on with enjoying myself ha.

I wasnt sure if legally one had to be a witness or something but if not thats a weight off my shoulders.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics