Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liverbird
Beginner August 2012

Do you like these shoes?

Liverbird, 8 September, 2010 at 17:43 Posted on Planning 0 9

I should probably say I'm not much a shoe person (waits to get shot down in flames, lol) probably cos my balance is awful (I'm deaf, which doesn't help) and I'm terrible at walking in most heels. However I would like a smallish heel for the wedding to give me better posture and make the dress hang properly, but they've got to be comfortable and easy to walk in!

With that in mind, I tried these on this week, and they certainly fufill that criteria, but I can't decide if I like them or not! I think it's the pointy toe bit putting me off, I'm not used to it and I think it makes my feet look huge!

So do you like them or do you think they're frumpy? And do they go with my dress?! Piccies below....

Shoes

Dress - it's this colour too, but I'd be dying the shoes to match or maybe navy blue, not sure yet. (sorry for huge pic!)

9 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 8 September, 2010 at 22:45
  • shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

I think they are horribly frumpy!

You can get some nice low heeled bridal shoes in dune at the mo -thats where i got mine.

STEP AWAY from the Nan shoes!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I don't really like them either if im honest.

I think pointy shoes will get caught on the inside of your dress or stick out from underneath it too much too?

I did see these exact shoes on a bridesmaid at the weekend too - again going to be honest - they didn't look a whole lot better on!

Sorry!

IMO - If I wasn't a heel woman then I would stick with flats - they really aren't going to make a huge difference. Plenty of people on here are having flats, even people who regularly wear heels!

• victoriamarie
    Beginner July 2011
    victoriamarie ·
    • Hide content

They are not my cup of tea (not really a fan of pointy shoes plus they always hurt me after a while). I am planning to buy these shoes from Next, they only have a small heel. I've seen them in person too and they are so pretty.

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

I don't hate them but I wouldn't wear them either! I've been looking and looking and looking for a pair of kitten heels that I like but think I'm going to end up with flats!! I think it's important that you wear something you feel comfortable and pretty in Smiley smile

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Can't say I like them much I'm afraid. I spent ages looking for a comfy smaller heel and can really recommend these which I ended up with. So comfy and gorgeously sparkly.

http://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/collection.htm?brand=Rainbow%20Couture&productID=163&Accessories=

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

As they are, they're a bit frumpy BUT

1) they'll be covered by your dress so if you're not much of a shoe person, does it really matter if they're not ultra glam

2) You could always bling them up a bit by sticking some sparkles on in a pretty pattern or even attaching a small pearl brooch somewhere.

• Treacle76
    Beginner February 2012
    Treacle76 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I really don't like them, but that goes for pointy shoes in general really. As sammyjay says though they probably won't be visible under your dress any way so if you feel comfortable in them then maybe thats more important? I would bear them in mind but carry on looking for something nicer ?

And I don't think anybody will be paying much attention to whats on your feet cos that dress is stunning x

• G
    Beginner February 2011
    goody51 ·
    • Hide content

I think the shoes are a bit too fussy with your lovely dress, too strappy. I also wanted something with a low heel and BHS had about 3 pairs I liked, but they are pointy so may not be to your taste. I tried on the Next ones that someone posted above but I didn't like my toe cleavage, although the heel size was good.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Mmmm, I thought that would be the general consensus, I don't love (or even like!) them that much so I'll keep looking for now. I like the ones other people have posted in theory, but in practice I'd need a strap of some kind...maybe a Mary Jane style with a round toe would look better? If I can find something like that, that is! I'd rather stay away from flats cos I'm likely to step out of them all the time....like I said, not much of a shoe person, maybe I'd be better off barefoot!!

@ Shoegal - Nan shoes! ? That's put me right off them now!

@ Treacle - Thank you, I ❤️ it too!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

have a look at the next ones honestly! I got mine there, They might have a new line of that particular styke in, but they are lovely shoes and super comfy. My BMs have them as well!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics