Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ellebob
Beginner February 2013

Do you NEED a hen night?

ellebob, 17 October, 2012 at 17:04 Posted on Planning 0 8

Since having my daughter I have no interest in alcohol and don't think I'd really enjoy clubbing while everyone else is hammered, lol, so I wasn't really planning a hen night. My sister is appalled by this and wants me to do something! The obvious choice is a spa day but I'm weird and don't enjoy spas. My friends also live in different areas and can't afford to travel for that and the wedding so it all seems a bit pointless to me, and although it's still a few months away atm I don't want to leave my daughter for any length of time so seems a bit impractical.

8 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 17 October, 2012 at 19:16
  • hannahlock4
    Beginner January 2013
    hannahlock4 ·
    • Hide content

How about going out for a nice meal? Or have a girly night in with pizza, films, popcorn etc.?

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

No you don’t need one. I’m not one for going out and getting drunk either, and I also don’t like spas. So instead we went to play ‘It’s a Knockout’ in the afternoon and went out for a nice meal in our local town on the evening. I also had my mum, one uncle, other uncles GF and neighbour with us for the event, and on the evening my other uncle joined us for the meal ?

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

How about something different to a night out? A meal? Afternoon tea? Chocolate making?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I love the afternoon tea idea, somewhere a bit 'fancy', just to treat yourselves to something refined Smiley smile

The total opposite to me getting trashed and yelling karaoke. Smiley sad

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

No.. I'm not having one, even though I'd like to have one. Problem is, all my close friends are in Canada or the states.. and the friends I made here during my masters have all gone, and since working I've not made any friends. Just call me billy no-mates!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Where in Kent are you venart??? We've got similar dates.... Maybe we could do something unusual?! We could switch stories over cocktails/tea/vodka!!!

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you NEED a hen night.

However, I also don't think hen nights are always about getting hammered, going to night clubs etc (unless that is what you want)..... I think it is about getting a group of people you like together to do something you enjoy.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

You can do something slightly different like those previous suggestions. Girlie night in, meal out, afternoon tea....all sounds really nice.

But no, you really don't have to have one or do anything. It's up to you :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics