Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2019

Do you need to serve evening food if you have a 3 course meal plus wedding cake?

SunnyGoldCakes798, 24 of September of 2017 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 4

We are looking at getting married from around 3pm though haven't set a time (or indeed booked a venue, though we have one in mind, but want to get an overall idea of total budget before committing).

If we are serving a three course meal plus wedding cake at say 4 or 5pm, should we also be serving food later on in the evening via the caterers?

Some of the quotes I have received, suggest either bacon rolls or fish and chips in cones at £7.50 per person. All guest would be coming to the whole event (ceremony, breakfast, evening reception.

Do we need to provide evening food too? Could we buy platters of sandwhiches, mini sausage rolls from say M&S and put those out around 9pm for guests to help themselves with some paper plates?

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldCakes798, 25 of September of 2017 at 19:34
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think if all guests are coming to the whole thing then the meal will be enough. You just need to make sure it's served late enough. If the ceremony is at 3pm then the meal won't start before 5pm. You could do snacks later on... or maybe serve the cake later? You won't need the cake served after the 3 course meal so you could serve it about 8.30 after first dance. What about doing a pork pie cake with cheese to go with the wedding cake?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Maybe just some nibbles, in case people have had a little bit to drink and need some carbs. Our venue is providing nibbles for the whole evening in the form of things like crisps.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same as you, I'm getting married at 3 with the meal around 5 ish.

I won't be putting on a buffet for the evening, the hotel have kindly offered to put out two trays of sandwiches out free of charge (weekday wedding perk) and we plan to serve the cake in the evening as well so that people aren't too hungry if they get peckish.

As long as you let people know what's happening, they shouldn't object. But be up front about it on your invitations, so if you put an itinerary in the invitation, call the evening reception "evening drinks and dancing" or something to make it clear that there won't be food available after the meal.

Sandwich platters sound like a good idea

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Im putting food on the evening for people who can only make the night-time do and also I think people get peckish when they're had beers!

Im not serving until 8.30pm though so the day guests will feel like it!

• S
    Beginner June 2019
    SunnyGoldCakes798 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for everyone's views, it's hugely appreciated

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics