Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

do you play the lottery ?

16 of January of 2013 at 16:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263367/Lottery-tickets-cost-2--prize-matching-numbers-rise-25-payout-drop.html

so tickets are going up to £2 but if you get 3 numbers you will win £25 instead of £10.

i have a direct debit to do play 2 lines a week. this will now cost me approx £20pm. not so sure im going to bother?

how do you feel about it ?

16 replies

Latest activity by Falanga, 14 of May of 2024 at 22:16
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I don't play it. I can't recall ever having put a single pound on it, even as part of a syndicate or on a special prize occasion.

How do I feel about it? Neutral. A fool and his money soon parted ?

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

I tend to play as a spur of the moment thing or if the jackpot is a big one!

My parents play it every Saturday and my mum has had the same numbers for as long as I can remember & is too scared to stop playing just in case her numbers come up!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I should say that the above does not mean I can't enjoy the dreamy conversations about how I'd spend my millions!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I've never done it.

Brought up in a Methodist household where gambling of any sort is the Devil's work.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Yes I do. I play online too.

Last week I got 4 numbers and really thought I would win at least £100.

I got £14. £14!?

I'll still play though, if not I will have to stop daydreaming. It maybe a one in 14 million chance of winning, but it is certain I won't win if I don't play!

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what becklarrr said.. We do it on the big ones mainly euro millions.. My mums been doing it for years and years with the same numbers bless her lol.. She hasn't even won a tenner in a long time lol.. But just incase!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I play euromillions every week, i like having the dream that one day I could be rich and take away many of life's cares.

• K
    kasha.b ·
    • Hide content

I do not do it. I would rather buy something nice for £20.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

We play the Euromillions. We made the silly mistake of choosing numbers, so now I feel I have to put them on every draw now! If it's a big jackpot we'll usually have a couple of lucky dips too.

I don't play the normal Lotto, but at work (we sell Lotto) I have heard a lot of people say they'll stop playing once they raise the cost.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    Kellfi ·
    • Hide content

I play 2 lines per week, I am cutting it down to 1

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Yes we do, well H puts them on. I know we do the Euromillions, not sure about the Saturday one, defo dont do the Wednesday one. He was in a syndicate in work, but he came out of it as someone on here (?PP) made me realise the girl running it was a swizz merchant.?

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Yes we do online, we do both the Wednesday and Saturday (I think). We buy the odd euromillions ticket if its a really big draw. We just won £10 on Saturday actually, first win in ages.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I must have missed that! What happened?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I am in a syndicate at work, playing the Euromillions on Friday nights. We each put in a tenner a month. I only do it to 'legitimise' my fantasies of winning, and because everyone in the office plays and I'd be GUTTED if they all won and I wasn't involved!! At the end of the year we spend our winnings on Christmas lunch... usually get between £10-15 each to spend. So we lose a lot of money! Nevertheless, "how we would spend a big win" is one of our favourite topics to chat about at work.

I wouldn't want to pay double, but I don't think this affects our particular syndicate so luckily don't have to consider it. It is annoying when you match a few numbers and only win a paltry few quid though.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Im in a sydicate at work and if i find myself in CO-op on a sat afternoon, i might get a ticket.

my Dad always used to use the same numbers so i always use them! (won a tenner a couple of weeks ago!)

we were talking about the new prices in the office and all agreed that we would stop when the prices goes up. although it isnt happenning until the autumn and this project will be over by then!

A couple fo girls were talking about doing the Health Lottery insetad.

• S
    Co Londonderry
    Sakosako ·
    • Hide content
    Online lottery is good for me

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics