Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Do you read blogs?

12 of March of 2014 at 16:41 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

I have just had a half an hour catch up of my dozen or so favourite blogs. I was wondering if any Otters indulge in this? Any good blogs to pass on? Mine are all mostly parenting ones that I started reading when first pregnant with Laila (nearly 10 years ago eek!) and they are like old friends. I even have a little "blog" bit in my favourites.

ETA - If I find a new blog that I like I can spend hours going through archives and link surfing. I am one nosy mofo.

18 replies

Latest activity by Sakosako, 12 of May of 2021 at 11:42
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Just rocknrollbride and occasionally Gala Darling. Then I go on Get Off My Internets and read people snarking about those blogs - as well as many others. It's a love/hate relationship.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I read one dressmaking one and my other guilty time murdering habit is watching make-up and clothes reviews on youtube. I don't like myself for wasting so much time on the internet!!

Last year I did get into a veg growing one, maybe I'll get back on that again now the weather is improving.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I read a few mental health ones, Any Other Woman and my current favourite is this one: www.coffee-helps.com

It's written by an Irish woman who teaches English abroad, she's lived in a lot of different places but since I've been reading she's lived in South Korea, Prague and now Turkey. She writes about her experiences of living abroad and the cultural differences, it's very interesting and very funny!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

This is my big problem with blogs, and anything internet related in fact. I'm so nosey I can waste whole evenings flipping from site to site looking at stuff (if I'm not already spending the whole evening on hitched!) As a result I don't really look at that many as I'm too scared to get into them and then I'd have even less time!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for posting that again, I tried it find it after you'd written about it before. She's so pretty, and I like the clothes she posts.

I like:

http://milkbubbletea.blogspot.co.uk/

and https://cherrymenlove.com/

The latter has turned into a shop though and I feel like she's sold out, but good luck to her. Great example of a blogger creating a real career and becoming 'famous'. I also read a few craft ones that I doubt anyone would be interested in!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I read the odd post if someone links to it, and it seems interesting. I don't read any religiously though.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I follow a ton of blogs - 125 to be exact! I read them pretty much every evening.

They're mostly makeup/beauty, a few fashion/food/lifestyle ones thrown in there. I use bloglovin to read my blogs which I find really handy, as I can just scroll through the blogs I haven't read yet. Admittedly there are some on there that I skip every time a post comes up, but I try to read most of them. If anyone is interested in finding new blogs, the list of who I follow is here: http://www.bloglovin.com/gibbigan/following Smiley smile

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Love The Blogess. The Beyonce chicken is the best

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I've only ever bothered with Marian Keyes and Dawn Porter.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

What's the web address for this Jojo?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I've just started following a few beauty blogs and have downloaded the bloglovin app today which I've found really useful.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The same for me. It is something l intend to get more into doing though.

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

I prefer watching vlogs on youtube to reading blogs. I think its because I am lazy.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Me too! I first found the Gala Darling thread through a link on twitter and after I had spent DAYS on and off reading that, I then ploughed through the xojane thread. Then I started reading ones about blogs I hadn't even read yet! The one on bleubirdvintage is particularly entertaining.

• L
    LuxuriousGoldStationery73589 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I have seen your blog. Find out makeup and hair styling products on my blog for wedding.

Beauty Rocket

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Nice post. I will definitely read these blogs

• Y
    YourWeddingFilmed ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the list of good blogs, I know this thread is old but I also really like podcasts so much great information for free!

• S
    Co Londonderry
    Sakosako ·
    • Hide content

Yes i read some fashion blog on instagram

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics