Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2014

do you send save the date cards out to everyone???

sdurn, 14 of June of 2013 at 09:09 Posted on Planning 0 8

I was just wondering if evening guests are invluded in this as i dont want everyone thinking they're invited to the wedding day aswell as the evening bash? as it might cause a little tension if they only then get an evening reception invite....

8 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 14 of June of 2013 at 09:49
  • A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

We only have 20 extra evening guests - half from work already know they're only invited in the evening (its mostly a logistic thing as some have to work in the day). Our save the dates are postcards so I just wrote a note saying 'we would love to have you for the evening do - more details to follow!'

I think it depends how many evening guests you have and when your wedding is, I personally don't think a save the date implies you are invited for the whole day.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

It's not really the done thing to send save the dates to evening guests. If you would like to send them something then I would make separate 'save the evening' ones Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

We will have an extra 50 guests in the evening, i just don't want the awkward bit....."oh...no sorry its just the evening do"
    Do i get 50 of each then???

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

My friend has two separate types of invites made, day and evening and just evening. Or if there's not that many evening guests save the trees and just text them I'd say!

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

This wedding planning business is fun yet stressfull!!! The joys of getting married to our fabulous men Smiley smile.

Awww i cant wait, i was watching him sleep last night (in a non im guna murder you way) and just think GOD I CANT WAIT!!!

He chased me up the stairs this morning (worst feeling in the world) but i was laughing so much got to the top and he put me over his shoulder and carried me back to the bottom again....things like that make me wanna go bugger it lets get married right now!!! I love how he makes me laugh constantly!!! still after 5 years nearly 6.

I didnt ever think is was possible to as happy as i am...i feel at the moment nothing could bring me down...Smiley laugh.

Sorry for the gooey moment i needed it out my system Smiley tongue

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

I want mind made out of recycled paper/card, im trying to source everything locally to. Smiley smile.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

Thats what OH has said, i just dont want it to be awkward. I don't want people getting upset, and guilt tripping me into making them a day guest.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you send 'save the evening' cards instead of save the date, this won't happen. They'll know from the outset.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics