Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hepburn
Beginner August 2008

Do You Spain

Hepburn, 16 of June of 2009 at 12:33 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Is it really that easy?

I've booked it but wasn't asked for age details or anything, and had to give no card or anything when booking.... I'm not used to booking things like this without even a holding deposit so it all seems a bit strange to me.

I have the rental voucher confirming the price and times but it didn't ask me about age of drivers or anything.

I am no worrying that I'll turn up and not get a car!

Reassure me that's all I need to do and we won't be carless on arrival in Alicante?!

H also isn't convinced it can be that easy!!

7 replies

Latest activity by Deano, 16 of June of 2009 at 14:43
  • A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

It really is that easy.

Just make sure you turn up with booking voucher and your drivers licences - both parts - and it takes about 15 mins to sort out (if that).

• Zooneycat
    Zooneycat ·
    • Hide content

When I've booked cars in Portugal, all I've given them is my flight info, name, and how long I want it for. I've done all the rest when I arrive at the car rental place.

• Hepburn
    Beginner August 2008
    Hepburn ·
    • Hide content

Thanks alison76! I guess it's just the not having paid anything that makes me worry that we'll get there and have no car!

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

That's the beauty of doyouspain - I've made bookings with them and then kept eyes open for special offers or cheap deals as you can cancel without a penalty.

My Dad is out in Spain at the moment and his current car booking is with doyouspain.

• hay
    Beginner July 2007
    hay ·
    • Hide content

Another tip, if you're going as a group/couple one of you go straight through and get in the queue for the car leaving everyone else to sort getting the luggage otherwise you could wait ages.

• Hepburn
    Beginner August 2008
    Hepburn ·
    • Hide content

Thanks zooneycat (sp?!) that's reassuring to know others have used them sucessfully ?

• Hepburn
    Beginner August 2008
    Hepburn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good plan Hay, we're going as couple so I can go trhough and sort the car while H waits for our bags. Thanks!

• D
    Beginner June 2005
    Deano ·
    • Hide content

Hi Again,

As everyone else has said, it really is that easy! Also when you get there, you'll be asked if you want to take out additional insurance to cover tyres, windscreens etc. It's defo worthwhile taking it out as it mean that you don't have to leave a deposit. It's not expensive, think when we went for 2 weeks at Xmas it was about 17 Euros!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics