Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2011

Do you think 5 bridesmaids is too many?

MISSMAYFLOWER, 16 of January of 2011 at 15:40 Posted on Planning 0 11

Pointless post really but I'm in a dilema over whether to have an extra bridesmaids.

I currently have 4 adult bridesmaids but I didn't ask my best friend from school as we have both been busy over the past year and with us not meeting up I thought she might not mind not being a BM. Anyway, shes been getting really involved in the wedding recently and I've been thinking that really I should just have asked her in the first place as we're still close even if we don't get in touch all the time.

But, if I ask her now 4 bridesmaids seems a lot already so would 5 look like too many? Also, would everything look out of balance on the pictures if there are 5 bridesmaids (stupid thought I know!)? I don't have anyone giving me away as my dad died so the pictures may look "off-balance" anyway so it might no make any difference but I just wonder if 5 is just one too many?

any advice welcome!

11 replies

Latest activity by celticgoddess, 16 of January of 2011 at 18:02
  • Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

My work colleauge had 12! BUt its up to you - if you think that 5 is too many then dont ask her Smiley smile x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

No not at all. I have a Bride in May who is having 9 bridesmaids!

This one of mine had 5

and this one

and this one!

• laurz12345
    Beginner October 2011
    laurz12345 ·
    • Hide content

You can have as many bridesmaids as you like, i am having 4 and a friend of mine had 7!! If you want your friend as bridesmaid then definately ask her so long as you can afford it!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am having 5! Orginally 6! Go for it, you dont want to regret not x

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie, those pictures have reassured me quite a bit.

I suppose there is not that many pictures where it will just be me and the bridesmaids so it shouldnt really be a problem and the photographers should know how to make the shots look balanced shouldnt they!?!?!

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Laura - how are you coping with logistics like transport, photos and who sits where etc???

I think you are right, I should just go for it and not worry!

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

Im having 5 BM's and I did ask a 6th as I like even numbers... OCD at its best lol...

The friend who I have asked to be 6th BM is trying for a baby though but to make matters a little difficult she is also my hairdresser so she better not be expecting when I get married or I will have to look for another hairdresser lol.

She has said she would love to a BM though for me and if shes not pregnant by the time I order the BM dresses then she will be one but its touch and go up until then lol... I just hope she gets a move on and has one this year lol.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I once had a customer who had 15 ? Heres one for you :-

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It means they have to go in a less than glamerous 7 seater car unfortunately but as my wedding is all in one place no-one will see them arrive so it didnt bother me.

I am not concerned about the photo's and hope to get some good ones having so many people to play with

I have only had my MOH on the top table and the others are sitting with their families, friends etc on the guest tables

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I am having five,my sister,my two best friends and my daughters who are 13 and 15. I think it is fine..oh i am having a page boy as well although it's my son and he will be 3 ,so all he is doing is standing next to his daddy really. Go for it.

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I had 9!! 5 adults and 4 younger one! I was worried it was going to be a logistical nightmare but it worked out great and was a real talking point!!

We used a bramwith Limo whioch was beautiful! Was handy as it got all the bridesmaid to the chutch in one hit, but still looked amazing.

We kept costs down by getting the bridesmaids dresses made by a friend, and the girls wore there own shoes and paid for their own hair. They wore their own jewellry but I did uy them a lovely bracelet to wear on the day - made by our very own Lisaloulou!

The walked in the church in pairs. I would have had the youngest one going in fron ot me and my dad (for balance) but as she ended up missing it, it didn't happen.

I had two chief bridesmaids as I have 2 best friends who I wasn't prepared to choose between, and the vicar had them up at the front next to my Dad for most of the service and the others were on the front row with my mum. When the chiefs sat down, they sat down on the right with the best man. Worked out very well as it showed them as being extra important!!

For the church service itself, I was one little bridesmiad down as she ended up in A&E on the friday night(long story!) but she joined us for the reception and photos.

If you want to include everyone then go for it. I would have really regretted it if I hadn't of asked one of mine. All my girls were important to me and I decided it was either all or none of them. So I went with all!!

The Bramwith Limo, with all my lovelies on the way to church!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I definitely dont think 5 is too many. When i get married (hopefully in 2013) i am having my 3 daughters ( one will be 20 by then and my twins will be almost 16) my best friend whom ive known for over 20 yrs and a very close friend whom i work with........she is going to do my invites too as she was so delighted to be asked..........have as many as you want its YOUR day sweetie x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics