Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bls14
Beginner September 2011

Do you think dried lavender would be ok as confetti??

bls14, 10 August, 2011 at 15:59 Posted on Planning 0 11

We are having a very relaxed country fete type wedding, all the flowers/centrepieces are all lavender/wheat etc. Do you think it'd be wierd to have cones of dried lavender heads as confetti????

11 replies

Latest activity by bls14, 10 August, 2011 at 17:26
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We're using a similar idea for our centrepieces - good choice Smiley smile

I'd be wary of using the heads as confetti though - aren't they actually the seed pods, which presumably could end up creating a forest of lavender bushes in a couple of years?

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that could be a very good point AJ! I better check and that will clearly be the deciding factor!

thanks

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

We used a mixture of dried petals and lavender for our confetti and it was lovely and smelled amazing!just watch it doesnt get stuck in/down your dress as the colour can transfer if they get squished into dress, just give it a good shake after tho and should be fine

ETA the lavender was dried so I dont think it would be able to grow! I could be wrong but venue have not come back to me with complaints of lavender trees so I assume all OK

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

My friend had this for her wedding. It looked ever so pretty and she had lots of lovely comments about it.

(Except from me as I fvcking hate lavender. It makes me sneeze and reminds me of old ladies! Didn't stop me throwing some at them though!)

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear CB you'd hate my wedding then it's going to be everywhere!! ?

Thanks folks, also thanks Naboo re: dried/growing thing.

Hey at worst the church grounds will look amazing next summer right ha!!!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Are you using fresh lavender or dried lavender as your flowers?

I'm thinking of using lavender heads instead of petals in my table centres.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Dried lavender....

Even though the lavender is dried for the centrepieces we are planning on crushing some heads at bottom of vases for the nice smell

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'd still appreciate that you liked the lavender though. I'd just spend the day breathing through my mouth and the gin would soon knock the edge off it!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I find gin helps with a lot of things, it will feature tonight when i try and finish making up our Order of Services.

Which by the way, I think, is officially the most boring wedding job EVER. Argh. 50 done, 50 to go...

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

I would look into dried hydrangea petals or something instead to be honest. At a recent wedding, some guests used dried lavender, and it looked nasty in the bride and groom's hair (he had sticky hair styling gook or something in it to style it),, it was a nightmare trying to get that stuff out of his hair for photos, it was impossible to get it out, as it really stuck to his hair. It wasn't their choice of confetti,, it was brought to the wedding by others,, who wouldn't have known what a pain it was going to be.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Eeek thanks Teri don't want that to happen....!

I have a big hydrangea in my front garden perhaps I'll attempt at drying them etc....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics