Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

chocoholic_claire
Beginner August 2010

Do you think it's possible to overdose on rescue remedy.......?

chocoholic_claire, 3 of August of 2010 at 12:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm sitting here clutching my bottle, my list of jobs to do seems to be increasing, I've had a morning of stressing about flowers and the venue, oh and mother related stresses. I have spent two of the last three hours on the phone- twice to the venue, twice to the MIL2B, once to my father, and four times to my mother. Last phone call to my mum basically ended in me telling her to stop calling me with issues we have already discussed and decided upon, and to take some initiative. I feel bad, but I just can't get on with anything if I keep having to discuss the same minor thing over and over again, it just makes the more major issues seem even more stressful.

So, I've taken one lot of rescue remedy before I completely lose the plot, am going to have a ten minute break before I resume packing and other wedding related jobs.

Sigh

9 replies

Latest activity by chocoholic_claire, 3 of August of 2010 at 22:05
  • MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Have a (((hug))) claire.... Sounds like your Mum is in more of flap than you which in turn is causing youto be in a flap... Hopefully your words will have calmed her down a little bit. I've recently got a bottle of RR but not really had cause to try it out yet. I'm sure that time will come tho.

Your Mum sounds like my Mum. She keeps asking me stuff I've already done and sorted which makes me worry that its going to be wrong/horrible/too much/not enough etc...

Hope your break has worked...

mx

• E
    Beginner September 2010
    enelya ·
    • Hide content

I've had to veto OH from going over decisions we have already made. We chose our hymns, and he kept saying "We could have..." I nearly clouted him several times! There was so much else to discuss!

Practical advice, which of course you already know - discuss might bes, maybes and wild ideas with calm friends or us here on hitched, and take yes/no, this or this decisions ONLY to your family.

And it is impossible to overdose on RR

(hugs)

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I hope not as I have taken it at least 10 times already today!!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Oh poor you! As a long standing customer of Dr Bach, you can't really overdose as they are all harmless remedies but they are alchohol based (very weak!) and can upset your tummy a bit if you go a bit overboard! Are you dropping it on your tongue or sipping it with water? You can use it every couple of hours two drops under your tongue without any adverse effects.

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all! Have been dropping it on my tongue. Feeling less stressed now, have spoken to Mum and apologised for being short with her, been out for a drive and sung along to the radio, and had my tan done at the spa. I've got a few jobs to finish tonight, but hopefully nothing too stressful!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I order you to have a huge bar of chocolate right now. It's too late to worry about the dress so enjoy it!

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Have had a nap to get rid of my headache, OH cooked me dinner and helped out with some jobs, had fun practicing our first dance and now have a glass of wine whilst watching Four Weddings....feeling more chilled now!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

aw pet! Switch your phone off for a wee while and give yourself some peace!! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya Date Twin,

I dont mean to sound bad but your post has made me feel so much better because im so stressed I could kill someone!!!

I have rescue remedy and started off with 4 drops on my tongue like a good girl - today i have given up with the dropper and been swigging from the bottle. I know where your coming from we have a hundred and one things to do and between people popping by to see me or just generally p#ssing me off nothign is getting done.

my Bm came round tonight to try on her dress with different shoes she bought and they look horrible i have ended up giving her a pair that i bought for my honeymoon and told her to wear them and give them back to me saturday!!

then to top it off she tried her jewellery on and doesnt like the earrings and doesnt want to wear them and asked if she could wear her own - this has really p'd me off am i over reacting?

Do you know what if we lived nearer i think id be round yours now dragging you to the pub for something stronger than rescue remedy!!

chin up girly - we are getting married on friday xxx

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Haha, Martyne, yes, I think if we were nearer the pub would be an excellent option! I've not got too much to do tomorrow, and thankfully my brother is helping me pick the mens suits up (if I buy him a McDonalds lunch haha). I'm getting my nails done too, and my Dad is taking me out for dinner I think , so things should start to calm down I hope!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics