Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Do you wet your toothbrush before putting toothpaste on?

26 August, 2009 at 13:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

I do, my H does and always has done. Does anyone else, I wondered what the logic behind this is?

Fankoo.

7 replies

Latest activity by Skittalie, 27 August, 2009 at 09:40
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

I always do too, I just assumed it was to get the lather started once it hit your teeth IYSWIM, not very nice starting with a dry brush if your mouth is dry.

• spacecadet_99
    Beginner
    spacecadet_99 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm. I think the forums have hit a new low if this is the best you can come up with ?

FWIW, yes because when you don't it's hard to get the toothpaste to lather up well and it feels icky.

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

No, I put the toothpaste on the brush and then run it briefly under the tap.

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure I read once that you're not supposed to wet it first so I don't. Just put a pea-sized blob on the toothbrush and just use it. I don't seem to have any problem with it 'lathering up'

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

No I don't wet the tooth brush, neither do I wet it when I've put the paste on because 9/10 times I wash the paste off the brush.

So now I put the paste on the brush then push it into the bristles with my tongue and I don't get a big blob when I start ?

• jerseymonkey
    Beginner
    jerseymonkey ·
    • Hide content

I am odd I think - I clean my teeth with water first, then when I'm nearly done use toothpaste. I hate toothpaste - it makes me feel sick (and be sick when pregnant, joy) and this minimises the nausea. H thinks I'm very strange.

• S
    Beginner November 2005
    Skittalie ·
    • Hide content

I do, out of habit I think, H puts the toothpaste on first and then runs it under the tap. We each think the other is odd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics