Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sunset21
Beginner

Does anyone have an 'L' shaped corner sofa?

Sunset21, 30 of June of 2008 at 15:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Where did you get it from? We ordered a lovely one but then realised it was too big for the space so now we're back to looking. I can't see anything I like so far.

13 replies

Latest activity by Kamran, 19 of January of 2022 at 23:19
  • Gone With The Whinge
    Beginner July 2011
    Gone With The Whinge ·
    • Hide content

We haven't had our sofa from here but have had all our bedroom furniture, and they are brilliant:

http://uk.maisonsdumonde.com/meubles/?action=level3&ref=MzA=&label=U29mYXM=

We had our C-shaped sofa from DFS and I wouldn't reccomend it tbh. Crap service, crap quality, £300 'stain proof covering' my arse.

• sugar&spice2
    Beginner December 2009
    sugar&spice2 ·
    • Hide content

Harveys, the service was good too. We bought it to save space, but its really comfy too. They don't sell the model anymore though.

• L
    Beginner April 2007
    londonbride ·
    • Hide content

OUrs is from DFS, but its huge and bright red. So not to all tastes!!

• essexmum
    Beginner August 2009
    essexmum ·
    • Hide content

WE've got the following from Furniture village

https://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/sofas-and-armchairs/

Although the delivery was slightly delayed due to the shipment date the actual customer service and delivery and set-up was fantastic. One of the delivery men noticed that one of the feet has a slight dent on it so it was put on the back of the sofa (where noone could see it) and I asked that it was mentioned on the delivery note. Without even asking a new foot was ordered and it's being delivered on Thursday (they are even going to fit it for me)

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's a bummer, those sofas were bloody gorgeous!

This is ours. It's a 3piece with a chaise end as we didn't have enough room for a corner unit. https://www.scs.co.uk/product.php?id=185

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm gutted KB3, it was just what we wanted and a price we could afford. We were uhming and ahing about the corner unit -v- a 2/3 seater, we were slightly worried the room would be too bare. I just took the tape measure out to double check and it'll overhang the doorway by about half a foot. It's nearly 3m long, it didn't seem that long when we went back to have another look before ordering, hence not checking before but they will refund thankfully.

We're popping over to the shop again tomorrow, just to double check the measurement of the one in the store, I can't see that they have their measurement wrong in the brochure though. We'll see if there's anything else we like - they have plenty that look nice but they aren't too comfy.

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

So the 2/3 seater would over hang too? What a pain. Like you we were limited with space hence the chaise end. It's a mini corner unit ? We also bought a chair to help fill some space and complete the living room seating, it looked rather odd with just the one sofa but too much with two sofas.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

No, we have a 3 seater on one wall and a 2 seater in the middle of the room, kind of separating the living room from the dining room. The new 'L' shaped sofa will go in place of teh 3 seater, with the chaise pice coming round under the window so there'll be no 2 seater dividing the room. We decided that if it looked too bare we could always buy a chair to compliment the sofa. We could still go for a 2/3 seater combination but we really liked the 'L' shaped look.

• maxiemax
    maxiemax ·
    • Hide content

We have an L shape unit from DFS, didn't have any problems with them. It's leather with chenille (think) beigy squashy cushions. It's very big though, and I hadn't realised that putting a sofa that is 5 separate units onto a laminate floor would mean the bits can move about so I am forever standing at one end and shoving it all together.

And we have ended up with 4 bits along one wall like a really long sofa and the pouffee bit elsewhere in the room because it makes a much bigger space in the middle of the room that way for kids playing etc. Next time I think I would go back to a 2 seater and 3 seater....

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

Exact same layout as ours. The 3 seater with the chaise is on the right under our huge bay window. We have the staircase going up through the room on the left and the chair is under the stairs filling the gap.

I hope you find something, those sofas were so lovely!

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

MrSun was worried about movement, we're having carpet and the sofa we chose had a clip to keep the pieces together. Bummer.

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I broke our sofa within the fist week! I wasn't there when they put it together and MrKB didn't tell me it was only hooked / clipped together. I thought it was stuck solid so shifted one side to hoover underneath and SNAP! [:'(] I called SCS and they sent someone out to fix it. Apparently it's really common for them to come apart. I don't dare move it now, I brish under it instead of hoovering.

• K
    West Midlands
    Kirra ·
    • Hide content

Our Reversible Comfy Non-Slip Sofa Slipcover is a classy solution that provides protection for your furniture from animal hair & smudges. It is made from 100% polyester with a beautiful design on both sides that add stunning style to your furniture, making it perfect for living room and comfortable decorative styles. .

https://imperialrooms.co.uk/collections/sofa-covers

Features:

• This excellent reversible 100 % quilted sofa cover is chemical-free and eco-friendly, with a high level of proficiency for kids and pets.
    • It is properly dyed without any pigment colouring or fading.
    • It seems to have a sanitized protective finish and is odor tolerant to maintain the sofas feel and look pleasant.

Specifications:

Size: The availability of size is: 165 cm x 179 cm, 224 cm x 179 cm, and 280 cm x 179 cm.

Colour: available in 5 colours.

Material: 100% polyester.

Washing instructions: Hand wash or Dry clean only. Do Not Bleach.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics