Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

Does anyone obsess over numbers being the same, like: 11.11am etc?

Chedi, 18 December, 2012 at 21:23 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

I was just wondering as me and OH have got quite obsessive over this which started as a little game to see who could see 11.11am and 11.11pm in the same day. Its turned awful, like if I wake up at 3.27am I'll wake up OH and we sit staring at the clock til it turns 3.33! 22.22pm is becoming quite a favourite on our laptops too ?

I've even put a customer on hold so I could see the time turn 11.11am on the phone at work!

Anyways, iiiiiffffff I'm not the only one who likes number like this - have a look at my ticker!!

2 months and 22 days! ? Tis all the twoooos!

15 replies

Latest activity by ashlil, 20 December, 2012 at 15:46
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Not obsess as such but workin in an office I always seemed to glance at the clock at 11.11 or 13.13. Very strange but then I read on the net it's lucky or some other bull. Tis strange though

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Not in the same way, but I can't stand volume controls being set on odd numbers, and have to change them to even. Weirdly, I'd say most people at work (I'm a paramedic so I'm talking about the truck stereos mostly) are exactly the same!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I can safely say none of this even enters my head!

But less than three months - woo!

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

My ex used to get in a right paddy if he saw the clock showing 11.38 - he did explain why but I never understood, some kind of film reference. Is it wrong that I smile when I see the clock saying 11.38?

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

? Maybe I should try get out of this little obsession then ? It is mad how many numbers you see like that everyday. I'll just suddenly look up and it'll be like 4.44pm!

But yep Kharv - a big woo for less than 3 months now! ? This means its nearly 9 months since your wedding, and to me that seems mad how quick that times gone! I think you were one of the first I saw get married on here after I joined!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

11 minutes past was a big thing at work with my mum. Especially 9.11 as we started at eight we always used to say "well give it an hour and go home" and do that all day! But by 9.11 we were past our one hour! Daft but I still look for it every day.

I like even times through the day. Ie won't get up on an odd time. No idea why though!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't even describe how fast the next couple of months will go for you. After Christmas it was like a runaway steam train!

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

I think it is actually a fairly common thing. Isaac Newton I think was obssessed with 3. It is def a big phenomen and is used in sales and stuff although brain not on full speed at the moment. I quite like to set the alarm to random numbers rather than the culturally acceptable .00 or .30 etc why not .04? Its a fairly made up number anyway!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha P that's a good point. I might set my alarm for 7.01 just because. Although the thought makes me a bit twitchy...

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I do this with my alarm clocks too, but not really for that reason. I set atleast 3, so I time it so when I snooze certain ones they still go off at different times so I'm not having to turn off two in a panick at the same time ?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't set an alarm for a 'rounded' time. So if need to wake up about 6.15, I'll set the alarm for 6.14 or 6.16.

And it can't be an odd number, so a 6.30 wake up means 6.28 or 6.32.

I have no idea why.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, I couldn't do that! I like nice round numbers, and I like it when I see either times which are all the same number or symmetrical e.g. 12.21.

I also don't like odd numbers on the machines at work, except certain ones like 15. And I never set the ventilator to 13.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

I always notice when the clock says 12:34 but 11:11 and 12:12 etc I don't seem to pay attention to!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

My daughter always seems to notice 10:10, 11:11, 12:12, etc

freaks her out

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics