Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blackkat
Beginner July 2008

Does anyone on hitched live in or know Aylesbury?

Blackkat, 12 June, 2009 at 18:42 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

My partner & I are up sticks & moving to Aylesbury in the summer. We're going up next weekend to look at rental properties. Can anyone give us advice of good areas to live in or areas to avoid!! Also I'm an infant teacher & am intending to do supply when we move (although I am gonna look around 1 school next Friday with the possibility of applying), are there any schools to avoid or offer my services too?

Any recommendations welcome, thanks ?

3 replies

Latest activity by KayJBee, 13 June, 2009 at 09:50
  • K
    Beginner July 2005
    KayJBee ·
    • Hide content

Not Aylesbury exactly but I went to secondary school there and have lived within 10 miles for most of my life. Do you want to live in Aylesbury itself? DO you want town living or country living? If you're not that fussed and do drive, the surrounding villages are much nicer. The villages between Aylesbury/Milton Keynes/Buckingham are generally lovely as is Thame just over the border in Oxfordshire. If you head to the north of the town prices will be a bit cheaper than to the south. I'm afraid I don't know about primary schools but good luck with your search. If you've got any more questions let me know.

• maxiemax
    maxiemax ·
    • Hide content

I live in the area. In Aylesbugs itself I would look at the newer estates, Fairford Lees, Hampdon Hall, Buckingham Park and Watermead are all lovely. Buckingham Park is still being built though so a bit of a building site in areas. Also Turnfurlong and Bedgrove are nice areas. There are probably others that I havent thought of - it would be easy to see which are not nice areas if you viewed a house there but the not such nice areas are flats not houses. As said before, the villages outside are much nicer, we have lived in a village to the north towards Buckingham/Winslow but you will probably pay more for village living. And Stone/Haddenham are also nice areas, out towards Thame. Like most places you just need to look and pick and choose. I only live in the area because of the trains from Aylesbury to London.

As for primary schools, the only one that I had a bad experience of (and last time I heard was now on special measures) was Elmhurst. My daughter went to William Harding which was nice and the most subscribed are of course the ones at the top of the league table!

hth - PM me if you need more specific info.

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

I'd aim to live outside Aylesbury - don't think it's a particularly pleasant place (went to school there and parents live in the area). The surrounding areas are great though - loads of places to choose.

KayJBee - SHF or AHS? (or have I now brought attention to the shame of failing the 12+ ?)

• K
    Beginner July 2005
    KayJBee ·
    • Hide content

An AHS gal but many moons ago now !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics