Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2005

Does anyone use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation?

SAM83, 2 of April of 2009 at 14:00 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Does it stay on all day really? Also how long do you find a bottle lasts you?

Thinking of trying it.

Thanks

17 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Monkey, 15 of February of 2016 at 18:52
  • SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

Sam, assuming you were born in 1983, I wouldn't ?

Those long-lasting foundations tend to be v heavy and sort of chalky and really only good for mature skins. I'd advise normal foundation, re-applied when necessary.

• S
    Beginner October 2005
    SAM83 ·
    • Hide content

Sophie - your correct ?

I am going to a wedding and wont be able to re-apply really hence why I wanted something long lasting. Thanks for your reply. Think I will have to go and hunt about in town tomorrow. Not sure what else to do.

• Lalu
    Beginner September 2008
    Lalu ·
    • Hide content

Having spent a number of years trying out lots of different liquid foundations, I would advise ditching them altogether and trying a mineral powder foundation - I love Laura Mercier.

Sorry Sam, not really answering your question!

• texasgirl26
    Beginner
    texasgirl26 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got great skin (I am 28 btw) and have found the Estee Lauder doublewear to be the best foundation I could find. I always had a problem with whatever I put on looking a mess later after applying. Anyway, I went to a boots, the girl tried a few things on me. I went with the doublewear foundation, and also use the cleanser, toner and moisture from EL. That was 4 years ago and I still love it.

I wear it nearly every day, and it lasts me ages. You only need a really small amount of it on. I can get 6-9 months out of my bottle easily. It lasts me all day.

However, I know from experience in the past that everyone is different. Go to a boots or similar and get them to do a trial of it so you can see if it is for you.

TG

• minerva
    Beginner January 2007
    minerva ·
    • Hide content

The regular double wear is heavy and cakey but the double wear light isn't bad at all.

• Zooneycat
    Zooneycat ·
    • Hide content

I binned mine. I found it was heavy, and waaaay too dark for me. It looked ok at night, or under artificial light. Natural light; hideous.

• S
    Beginner October 2005
    SAM83 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. So what foundations are you using?

• Zooneycat
    Zooneycat ·
    • Hide content

YSL perfect touch. The one with the brush applicator.

• Cherry_Valance
    Beginner December 2005
    Cherry_Valance ·
    • Hide content

I have never found a foundation to stay on as long as Double Wear ever - no others I have tried even nearly match up to it (and I have tried, believe me!). It's not the nicest finish I have ever come across, but I've decided that with a bit of effort elsewhere on my make up, the staying power is worth it.

Though, it's actually Double Wear Light that I use nowdays (think that's the actual name, but if its not, I'm sure they'll know what you mean!). It isn't quite so heavy, so I do recommend you try it. Make sure you get a sample, though, don't just buy it. The EL sample bottles are quite generous, so you'd probably get enough for the wedding out of it.

(The DL Light is quite new, so that's your excuse for asking try a sample before you buy, if you're shy about it.)

• crystal-k
    Beginner July 2008
    crystal-k ·
    • Hide content

I too was born in 1983 and use Double Wear foundation when I want lasting coverage (ie weddings) but not for every day as it is a bit heavy.

However i think it goes on really well, blends in (if you get the lady in Boots to colour match you in sunlight) and does last a lot longer on the skin than any other foundation I have tried.

• *Kitty*
    Beginner April 2008
    *Kitty* ·
    • Hide content

Im another 1983-er!! I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, I dont find it heavy at all, I find a little goes along way, plus mosituring well helps. I work 12 hr shifts and its the only foundation that lasts for me, I get a good 6 months out of it and I wear it every day practically.

• strawberry*shortcake
    strawberry*shortcake ·
    • Hide content

Another vote here! It is truely the best foundation I have ever used and stays put all day without having to reapply which suits me.

• fox-in-socks
    Beginner May 2006
    fox-in-socks ·
    • Hide content

When i wear foundation i use chanel vitalumiere. it's light but stays on well, totally evens our my skin and looks positively glowing.

for more everyday i like laura mercier tinted moisturiser.

• S
    Beginner October 2005
    SAM83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your replies. Didnt realise I could ask for a sample so will get that and have a good look around the other make up counters in Boots and Debenhams and see what the other people recommend.

Thanks again

• G
    grado ·
    • Hide content

You can go estee lauder online store to request sample.

• P
    Beginner December 2016
    pixo ·
    • Hide content

I'm 25 years old (so don't have incredibly mature skin)... Personally it's not my favourite foundation however I it's not my least favourite.

I find that you need to make it work for you.. personally I have really dry skin, so for me to use the doublewear I need to make sure my skin is really well ex-foliated and moisturised. I use a really moist(?) moisturiser - Clinique moisture surge. As long as I follow these rules, its a brilliant foundation that really does last all day!

Other than that... I use Benefit oxygen wow!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I use Double Wear light. It really does stay on all day and doesn't feel too heavy. You can still see my moles and freckles through it but not red patches or spots/scars. You get a choice of intensities to colour match (it's very easy to get your colour right). The Double wear gives heavier coverage and is a little bit harder to match up (different intensities and cool, neutral and warm)

We have an Estee Lauder counter where I work and we get quite a few people a day ask for samples, so no need to be shy. You can have as many as you like, so you could try both the light one and the heavier one. Also take a few different colours in the Double wear, even if you think one is spot on, because lighting in the shops doesn't help. If none of them are suitable then don't be afraid to go back and ask for different ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics