Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner December 2016

Does everyone have dress wobbles??

DB2016, 25 of April of 2016 at 09:11 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi, I am in major panic mode, I bought my dress about 4 weeks ago at the second shop I visited, after a very disappointing first trip the day before.

At the time I was absolutely in love with it (I had narrowed it down to 2 and both my mum and sister preferred the one I went with, in the shop I felt like they were both amazing, so I tried them both on about 4 times and ended up choosing one. I absolutely loved it and felt like I had made the right choice... but now I am having wobbles... The one I chose was nearly £900 cheaper than the other one I liked and now I am wondering if that is the reason I chose the one I did.

Is this normal???

4 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 25 of April of 2016 at 11:30
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I definitely think it's normal and that everyone gets it to some extent.

My problem is that I had a clear view in my head of exactly what I wanted (not just with the dress, but with my accessories and things like that too) so that when it comes to buying them, the process is so simple (mainly because I look online and find the shops that sell them first!) that I feel like I'm making it too simple and so that must mean I'm not thinking about it.

In regards to my dress, I knew what I wanted- I made some slight compromises as we went to a wedding outlet store and the process was a bit annoying- but also because I knew I would struggle to find the same dress for similar price anywhere else.

I stop myself from watching things like 'Say Yes to the Dress' in case I start questioning my own choices though.

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

I think it is normal to have dress wobbles.

I am currently having some doubts about mine. It is nothing likethe ones i liked online and nothing like i thought i would wear so i think that is where my doubts have come from and the fact that i picked my dress when i was on my own. I just try and remember why i loved it in the first place and how when i tried it on, other than the fit (needs some alterations)there was nothing i would change.

Im sure that as you loved it when you picked your dress you have made the right choice. I certainly know how you feel though.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I had dress wobbles. I think it's natural with something so important to wonder if you made the right decision and is there something nicer out there. Also to have a fixed idea what you want and create a whole mental picture only to find you then prefer and buy a different style.

If I will set your mind at rest go and try it on again. When I put my dress on again I remembered how it made me feel and why I loved it and that's what I focussed on. X

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

I think that's why I am wobbling Jayne, because it is totally different to what I envisaged, whereas the other dress was pretty much what I thought I wanted. I might pop back to the shop one lunchtime just to have a look at it and remember why I loved it! Xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think most of us buy something completely different to what we 'knew' we wanted but yes another try on would probably settle your mind once and for all. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics