Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

knitting_vixen
Beginner September 2011

does glitzy secrets jewellery keep well?

knitting_vixen, 27 January, 2011 at 14:42 Posted on Planning 0 1

One of the other hitchers on here inspired me to go back to the glitzy secrets website. I love loads of their tiaras.

I am wondering if anyone who has bought a tiara knows if the jewellery keep well? Do the tiaras tarnish? If I got one I would like to keep it as a momento and would hate it to spoil!

The headbands are described as "silver tone", does anyone know what metal the bands are made from?

1 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 27 January, 2011 at 17:54
  • Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered one from their - heirloom of pearl or something like that, the band was a dull silver rather than a shiny silver, and was coiled kind of design, so not smooth.

It was a double band. I thought it was extrememly heavy, and actually rather uncomfortable so I sold it on as it wasnt for me.

There is no doubting they are lovely, but personally I think LouLouBelle (Lisa) and Lynsey Designs on here both sell much better designs and you can talk to them so they can tailor things to your needs so much better level of service for the same money xx

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

It's more about how you store jewellery & tiaras than anything else. Tissue paper and card board give off gases that accelerate tarnishing. I always advise storing items in a plastic lidded container. I store all mine in plastic boxes but I also use anti tarnish cloth to line the boxes. Any jewellery that I send out in gift boxes I put inside plasic bags first and I would suggest keeping it in those rather than the boxes. Anything that does tarnish can be cleaned very succesfully though. A straight band can be cleaned with a silver cloth but more elaborate items including tiaras can be cleaned with silver dip clear liquid I recommend Hagertys. If the item is too large to dip I would recommend a childs painbrush dipped in the liquid. real pearls can't be cleaned this way but usually they are synthetic anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics