Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Does the Groom wear same colour cravat as the groomsmen??

BrogstarBride, 20 October, 2012 at 19:49 Posted on Planning 0 16

What is tradition? Do they all wear the same colour cravats or does the groom wear a different colour?

x

16 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 22 October, 2012 at 19:53
  • Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

Not sure what is tradition but my OH is goint to have a different colour so he stands out, dont wnat people thinking hes the best man ha ha!!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Don't think there is a wrong or right way, as far as I know H2B is wearing the same as everyone else but think its more down to personal preference.

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

We're not having any matching suits. My lovely groom will be wearing a red polka bow tie to match my red polka bolero and all the other men will just be in quirky patterned bow ties and braces Smiley smile

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

My 'groom' will be wearing an ivory cravat, best man and usher in red to match bridesmaids flowers, and father of groom and my cousin, who's iving me away are in silver/grey cravats, one of our accent colours.

• T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

I'd do whatever you like. We're not having anyone matching anyone!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I hate cravats! but then I hate matching menfolk so I guess that's a no brainer

I think the tradition is to wear a different couloir based on weddings I have been too.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

OH has decided everyone will wear the same colour everything, he'll just be different as he'll be in a longer coat and I beleive he's going for a bigger buttonhole - but thats not confirmed yet.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

My H wore the same colour as his best man and ushers (because it suited him). He's the groom, I'm sure everyone knew who he was.

• Jen31601
    Beginner March 2013
    Jen31601 ·
    • Hide content

I think we're going to go for matching. I do like the idea of him standing out though ? but saying that he does have a bigger, more special button hole that ties in more with my bouquet than the others so hopefully that'll really show him up as the groom

• saz74
    Beginner April 2013
    saz74 ·
    • Hide content

My hubby to be is wearing the same colour as his best man and my dad..... and its also the colour of my MOH's dress and my pageboys waistcoat/cravat

burgundy ?

but like another post said its all about what you want and personal choices

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

To the people that are worried people wont be able to work out who the groom is, have your guests not met him before? Will the fact hes the one up the front saying vows n stuff not give it away?

I cant quite work out why you would be worried as to people being confused? I wonder if people came to our wedding and spent the whole day wondering who was actually getting married?!

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

My OH wants to wear the same as his groomsmen (same colour as BM dresses) because the colour scheme is the only thing he thinks he's chosen.

I would like him to wear the same colour as my dress so we shall see when we go and look at suits early next year what he ends up with!!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

am genuinely baffled.

• Hollies
    Beginner December 2018
    Hollies ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it's personal choice at the end of the day, but I don't like matching absolutely everything.

And if people don't know the people gettin married why would they be at your wedding? Odd.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I think the groom normally wears a different colour or shade. Often they wear an ivory/white/cream cravat to match the brides dress.

You can go with what you like though really! We had all the same colour and H had a larger buttonhole with berries etc (xmas wedding)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics