Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TreacleTart
Beginner May 2015

Does your partner know....walking down the aisle related too

TreacleTart, 25 of June of 2014 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 18

Does your partner know what you'll be walking down the aisle to? I decided on what Im probably going to have the other night whilst he was out, and I was like hmm, do I tell him or not? I was thinking not...so I asked if he wanted to know and he said no, keep it as a surprise...just wondered what other people were doing? Have you decided together? Or keeping it schtum til the day?

18 replies

Latest activity by S108HAN, 27 of June of 2014 at 14:09
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We decided everything together (apart from outfits!) including all of the music for the day.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

He knows! 'Lets get married' by the proclaimers. So we can sing it to each other! We're still almost a year away though so that could change!

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

Yes he does in fact I told him long before we even got engaged! It's important to me as my mum walked down to it too. Smiley smile

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

We didn't want an aisle song with lyrics, so I asked my OH to get a short list of post-rock songs together since he's the expert in that genre. I think he got about 10 potentials, and then we sat and listened to them all and chose one together. Post-rock tracks can get a tad climatic and dramatic so it was actually quite tough to find one that wasn't ridiculous.

We saved the 'our song' type of thing for our first dance.

All chosen together. No surprises.

It's quite cute that yours will be a surprise to your OH. I take it it's a song that he'll recognise though will he?

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

I have decided what I am walking down the aisle too, but my OH knows what the song is

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HellsBells42 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't even realise keeping it a secret was a thing! The only thing he doesn't know about the day is what my dress looks like Smiley smile

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

We decided it together, like others the only thing we didn't decide together was the dress (he chose the suits but I knew what he'd picked)

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MrsDub2b ·
    • Hide content

My OH chose ours..... It's Ronan Keating " I promise"'

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

No I don't think it's a thing either lol, I think I randomly made it a thing in my head, oops! I did quite like the idea of a whole 'me being a surprise thing' like as in making a nice old entrance in me lovely dress/make up/hair done nice, n think I was thinking the music should be a surprise too. He will recognise the song, we don't really have songs that mean things to us as such, we have done songs that we both like, this probably falls in the category of him liking it n me bloody loving it. I just wanted to walk down to something that made me happy n feel confident n this song does...though it's probably sweeter to walk down to something that means something to both of you Smiley smile

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Yes he does - he doesn't know it very well, but as it's a musically interesting, and appropriate piece, he's going with it. I don't imagine I'll get much of a say on the rest of the music in the ceremony, as he's an organist!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We're walking down the aisle together so have chosen the music together. As we're not having a first dance, we're using 'our song' to walk in to.

• cantwait2bmrsj
    Beginner September 2014
    cantwait2bmrsj ·
    • Hide content

My oh doesn't know what I'm walking in to he'll recognise it is as soon as he hears it though as its one of his favourites

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

My OH has no idea what the song is but I know as soon as he hears it, he'll know why I picked it and will make him smile.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I didn't tell my OH. I was originally planning a certain piece of music as a surprise but didn't use it in the end as it wasn't really appropriate but I still didn't tell him once I decided. TBH I doubt he even has a clue what was played!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I chose what I'll walk down to, it's something I've always wanted. My OH does know and said he likes it, but I imagine he forgot a long time ago!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I want him to know. ..so that when he hears the first few notes he knows I am there and ready to become his wife Smiley smile

Plus....it would be awful if I picked something he didn't like. My first choice was beautiful but it was a song that h2b associated with a family funeral and I didn't realise.....I want tears of happiness on our day not tears of sadness!

We've chosen all our music together as a result.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Yes mine knows Smiley smile What is going to be exciting though (for both of us) is that my 14 year old cousin is going to be playing ukulele and singing our choice of song, and it will be the first time we've heard his version

• MrsParadise
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsParadise ·
    • Hide content

Nope, mine has no idea. It's something that I think will surprise him as it's not my usual kinds of music. The lyrics really mean a lot to me x

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Everyone knew, it was in our order of service.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics