Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bluewater
Beginner August 2009

does your wedding clash with any other big event?

bluewater, 17 June, 2009 at 11:35

Posted on Planning 40

i've just found out that my h2b's beloved celtic have selfishly decided to schedule a friendly match on the date of our wedding. it's not that big a deal at all though - i expect the match will be at 3, the wedding is at 2, and given it's a friendly, hopefully no-one will care what the result is...

I've just found out that my h2b's beloved celtic have selfishly decided to schedule a friendly match on the date of our wedding. it's not that big a deal at all though - i expect the match will be at 3, the wedding is at 2, and given it's a friendly, hopefully no-one will care what the result is (here's hoping).

there's also a racing meet going on at the racing circuit a mile away from the hotel - it's only a very small meet though, so won't affect the wedding (though we'll be able to hear the cars going round the circuit - cool!)

so it got me thinking - do you know if your wedding date clashes with any big sporting/music event? i have to say, i do feel for b2b's getting married between 10 june and 11 july next year - you will have to contend with the world cup....

<bluewater quickly goes away to google wedding date again to double check nothing else is going on>

40 replies

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

When I was choosing a wedding date one friend said

'dont have the 11th as we'll be at T in the park and dont have the 25th as we wil be at another festival' whilst the other said 'yeah dont have have the 4th July as I have an exhibition then'

I was shocked and told them they couldnt dicate when! we chose the 11th July originally but the hotel wasnt available so we got the 18th. Everyone happy. Skint, tired but hopefully happy.

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

We originally wanted Sunday 21st August, but 1 the venue was already booked and FMIL said oh you can't have that date as its OH nephew's birthday! So we went for the Sunday 22nd!

I don't think anything is happening that day.... worried now He He

• Cheekyleeky
    Beginner August 2009
    Cheekyleeky ·
    • Hide content

We kind of guessed that ours was going to be the first day of the football season. Didn't think it would make much of a difference to us when Newcastle were relegated. But just found out that Newcastle are playing at home on the 15th august, not too much of a problem as the wedding is in Wales but FIL is a big toon fan so will want to know the score!!

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content

Mines will clash with either my football team or h2bs football team playing at home. We both support differant sides of the old firm. We dont usually have an old firm game in August so lets hope it stays that way lol.

• debbydoo
    Beginner May 2009
    debbydoo ·
    • Hide content

Ours clashed with Scottish Cup Final and Fa cup final. My brother and dad weren't overly pleased with me. While we were having pictures taken, lots of guests were running over to pub across the road for a sneaky peek at match!

• nicyx
    Beginner May 2011
    nicyx ·
    • Hide content

My cousin got married on 1st July 2006 and England were playing (Portugal) I think... it was ok... cant remembertimings etc now... but wedding took place ok and it was a shame really as as when we sat down for sit down meal the match started half way through n all the fellas (and some women) rushed meal so they could bugar of into the next room to watch he match..... looking back it was all part ogf the day ive spoke to my cousin and it never bothered her really as her family are football crazy and she new something like that would happen so she perpared herself..... she still says to this day it never really bothered her to much x

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL this is why we decided on a game near the beginning of the footy season. I couldnt get married on a cup final if its my team in the final lol. Im terrible im worse than most of the guys i know when it comes to the footy lol

• nicyx
    Beginner May 2011
    nicyx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahahaha ?

Nic x

• Debntez
    Beginner September 2009
    Debntez ·
    • Hide content

We originally booked for 5th september but realised it is my nephews 18th birthday so rebooked for 19th September.

My bro has just called and told me it is the manchester derby that day - half my family are MASSIVE man utd fans and half are man city fans!!! Bummer!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics