Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner January 1998

Dog friendly mini moon in the UK

MrsI2Be, 22 of May of 2013 at 22:32 Posted on Planning 0 13

OH and I have now decided (with just over a month to go) that we want to go away on a mini moon the week after the wedding, just us and our lovely border collie! So now am desperately trying to find somewhere not too far (we are in somerset and don't really want to travel more than 3 hours), dog friendly and with a little bit of luxury!

Any suggestions gratefully received! This is proving more difficult than the wedding planning!

13 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedHair62665, 1 of January of 2019 at 20:03
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if it's what you had in mind, but Ant and I did a lovely weekend trip to Northcote Manor in Devon last autumn. It's a lovely country hotel, the food was amazing there, too, and Wispa was made very welcome (except in the restaurant). It's in the middle of nowhere, but there's a really cute pub a short drive away that is also dog friendly, and lovely countryside walking.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Centerparcs?

They have some really lovely accommodation with hot tubs and stuff! (That's luxury to me haha!)

• Dream Team Dean
    Beginner October 2013
    Dream Team Dean ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

There is some lovely log cabins available in Peak/Lake District which can facilitate for dogs, i booked with https://www.ruralroosts.co.uk/ very good price and the pictures look great. I will be going there after my wedding in October for 3 nights for our mini moon, so i will let you know how it goes then if its not too late.

Good Luck!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

We've booked a minimoon in the south of wales via Blaentrothy Cottages and I think when we were looking some of the cottages did allow dogs..

WW x

• LotBot
    Beginner March 2015
    LotBot ·
    • Hide content

Pembrokeshire is a beautiful part of the country with so many beaches and walks for you pooch Smiley smile Quite a few dog friendly places to stay too! X

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Forest of Dean Lodges, we stayed in one over New Year with my sister's dog, we had the basic one which was lovely (underfloor heating etc!) but there were posher ones with hot tubs and stuff,

• rp304
    Beginner August 2013
    rp304 ·
    • Hide content

We live in Somerset and are doing a similar thing! I booked a cottage on holidaycottages.co.uk, most of the cottages on their books are in Devon, we just wanted to get away, but not too far!

Looking forward to taking the dogs, we just really didn't want to leave them behind!

• M
    Beginner January 1998
    MrsI2Be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be looking at all of those tonight! Really just want to get something sorted now!

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

We stayed in a lovely hotel a few months ago that is very dog friendly in the lake district called Damsen Dene, the whole area was lovely and the hotel was very small and cosy, it was lovely.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Cottage on Dartmoor Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner March 2019
    HappyYellowHair3395 ·
    • Hide content

How was it?

• Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings
    Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings ·
    • Hide content

We go on a lodge holiday with our woof every year. Try https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/

they show loads of gorgeous lodges all over the country - we have loved every holiday we have booked with them!

• L
    Beginner December 2017
    LuxuriousRedHair62665 ·
    • Hide content

We love taking our little doggy to the Isle of Wight. We love it over there.

we stayed in a lovely place in the summer with him. Woodside bay lodge retreat- part of hoseasons, it was lovely ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics