Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Doilies / Charger Plates

Moonbeam88, 7 of September of 2015 at 15:30 Posted on Planning 0 8

I wanted to use gold charger plates or beaded placemats as part of my table decoration but soon realised this would be an expensive option! I have looked into other options and paper doilies appear to be the cheapest... Do you think if i bought white doilies and sprayed them gold this would work? Or can anybody think of any other alternatives??

Thanks!

8 replies

Latest activity by jesikab4u, 27 of September of 2015 at 07:37
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure you can buy gold ones.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Yep ebay. No need to spray. Probably pound shops too. And cheap enough you can order a few different packs to see which ones you prefer and make sure they work for you.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Struggling to find gold ones big enough! I think i'd need them around 12 inches wide? Also after a soft gold rather than a yellow gold...I don't suppose anybody out there has found large ones in a nice gold??

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

This is what I'm going to do. They do them on etsy but are expensive so I am going spray paint them too.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Would hiring gold charger plates be an option for you. Not that I even know if it's possible but you seem to be able to hire most things.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't come across any to hire in my region yet but will keep looking. I might order some large white doilies and give the spray painting a trial see how it goes. glad i'm not the only crazy girl thinking of doing this hehe!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Where abouts are you. There are quite a few online.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

What about disposable chargers? £10.99 for a pack of 4:

http://www.partypieces.co.uk/large-plates-platters/round-gold-plastic-party-chargers.html

Seem to be the size you are after?

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still planning on painting some doilies. We gave it ago yesterday, the pictures doesn't do much justice for them. But I thought they came out nice and when we had candles near them it was really nice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics