Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2017

Doing your own buffet food?

ExpensiveGoldBridesmaid315, 12 of July of 2015 at 14:06 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Me and my h2b are trying to figure out if we should do the food ourselves as we don't have much money. Has anyone else done this before and has it turned out okay. I have also seen that m&s do party food has anyone tried them ? Also we don't know if to have the wedding and then have a sit down meal with the wedding guests and then have a party with the buffet food in the evening, or to have a wedding and then go straight to the party with the buffet. HELP !!!

1 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 13 of July of 2015 at 20:09
  • PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I don't get married till next year so haven't done it yet but we're doing most of the catering yourself because of budget.

We considered marks and Spencer's but decided to do it ourselfs

We're doing wedding, then cocktail hour where we'll have cocktails and canepas that I'll make the week or so before and freeze most, others will be put together the night before.

Our theme is vintage/picnic so we're having a diy sandwhich bar with lots of meat, cheese and bread. Then different salads, pork pies and quiches and lots of cakes and biscuits, every thing is being done by us or family (apart from hog roast). I'm going to hire a refrigerated table so it can be left out all day as we want people to eat when there hungery instead of 2 set meals

There will also be an hog roast.

I've choosen things that can be done in advance, be frozen or are very easy.

We're also having a diy coffee bar, where there will lots of hot chocolate, coffee, flavoured syrups, marshmallows and sprinkles and a bake off compitation for the guests.

How many meals you have depends on what times your ceremony is. We're getting married at 12 so that's why we're doing the buffet and hog roast as people are with us all day.

Hope this helps or at least gives you ideas.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're doing DIY canapés and a mini buffer with M&S party food. They do lots of gorgeous bits and pieces. We have a tiny wedding so catering wasn't a huge expense for us luckily, but if we'd have had larger numbers we'd have been looking to do an evening buffer ourselves I think.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics