Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Done a millions times before, BUT..... flash your venues!

7 November, 2009 at 09:47

Posted on Planning 96

Just because I know we have some newbies and love looking at pretty places!

Just because I know we have some newbies and love looking at pretty places!

96 replies

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Kate I'm sure your venue is Gorgeous too. I have venue envy too. As some of these venues are very beautiful. From the outside mine looks like a run down old manor house!! lol x

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

Old Trafford!! We are both huge fans (even after last nights poor performance!!)

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Max if my OH saw that he would have serious venue envy!! He tried to convince me to look at Old Trafford and the middle of the Lords Cricket ground! He's footie and cricket mad! ...agreed about last nights performance!!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hahahah im lucky that we both share the same passion! we had a look at some other venued but i wasnt keen, they didnt really suit us. OT is ace and the wedding lady is brilliant!!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well both football and cricket have been a passion forced onto me, Ive been dragged to plenty of games! I wouldnt tell OH but I quite enjoy them now! I think I got away with not having a wedding at OT as we live near Brighton!!! Would have been a bit of a trek for everyone! lol!

• L
    Beginner November 2010
    littleredhead ·
    • Hide content

This is our venue from the outside:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/little_red_head/4080350942/

And the room we'll be actually getting married in:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/little_red_head/4080350976/

Soooo excited!

• Carol1
    Beginner June 2010
    Carol1 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! that looks fantastic!

• Carol1
    Beginner June 2010
    Carol1 ·
    • Hide content

We just booked our venue yesterday - I've been showing all my workmates today

Here is the link becayse I can't work out how to add pics

http://www.rampantscotland.com/stay/bldev_stay_western.htm

Definitely got envy as some of those venues are AMAZING I'm glad we've booked ours now, otherwise I'd totally be picking one of them!!

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Carol your Venue is gorgeous too. Mine is Dalmeny park hotel www.dalmenypark.com is the outside of my venue and I previously posted the room our reception is in. Depending on the weather we will be getting married in the Gardens. x

• M
    Beginner September 2007
    MrsKitty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its stunning!

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Everyone has such pretty venues!
    We're having it at Kew Gardens - and have chosen 3 different venues for each different bit, we'll have them all to ourselves on the day, yay can't wait!

Ceremony (the room inside is stunnning):

Drinks reception:

The Reception venue (inside and out):

so excited!

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Kew gardens? What a great place to have a wedding! LOVE all the slightly unusual venues....fabulous.

We havent booked our yet but know we're having it here.... Belfast Castle, Belfast, NI

f

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Serafina, I am so jealous! This would have been our ideal venue (unfortunately our budget doesn't stretch as far & most of our guests are our age & skint!). Stunning!

We're getting married at Cooling Castle Barn (www.coolingcastlebarn.com)

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

This is ours, from the outside:

And the evening do will be in this room:

• MrsShepherdtobe
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsShepherdtobe ·
    • Hide content

This is ours, however wont be done the same inside im having round tables but this is the only picture I could find. lovely venue's girls im green with envy x

Lx

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hope im not being rude here but just curious are all the venues here over 7K?

The reason I ask is that im on a real tight budget and my venue isnt nearly as nice as these and I ahve venue envy! would feel better to know that they were out my budget!! ?

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

My venue is under 7k. But it's not nearly as nice as any of these ones either!! x

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

Have you post pics of your's here?

My whole budget is less than 7K so as you can imagine its not grand at all!! ?

The inside is nice and does what we want but its no stately home Smiley surprise(

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

This is the inside and outside of ours. (Thats me and my MIL2B in the pic!! lol x

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Karen-

actual venue costs for mine (Belfast Castle) are £700 for venue hire alone incl civil ceremony 2pm-1am hire, then u have food + drinks - u can do it well under 7k depending on guest numbers so its really hard to say unless u know how many ppl r coming , we're having a biggish do - 80 @ wedding w/sit down dinner and around 100 at evening reception and i recon the whole shebang with dressing, flowers, band, reception drinks and some wine will cost us around £8000 but we do have a large number of guests! Cut the numbers, cut the cost!!!

Hope that helps! xx

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have 110 coming for the ceremony and Meal, at £59.95 a head. Venue hire, 4 Course meal and drinks package and our honeymoon suite are all included in that price. So We're pretty much on Budget for our wedding!! x

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I can't get the pictures of our venue off my phone and can't copy any from the website but here is the link if anyone wants to look www.thevu.co.uk.

Just been on their website and noticed they are doing a deal for 2011 which wasn't on when we booked!!! Just called them and they won't reduce our wedding cost, we will be paying nearly £2000 more than the deal, asked what dates they had left for 2011 (would of changed to get the deal) but they only have weekdays left and OH doesn't want a weekday, oh well. Sorry for the mini rant, just rather annoyed but hey ho!

Edited to add there are some stunning venues, wishing I hadn't looked at this thread, serious venue wobbles and envy now lol!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe its living in London boarders that has done it.
    Ive looked everywhere adn cant seem to find cheap nice venues.
    We have 42 people to the sit down meal and 115 in the evening.
    We looked at Knowle house but they wanted a min of 70 people to dinner.
    Cooling castle is lovely but again quite expensive.
    Im sure the people in London know that there isnt so much choice so hike the prices Smiley surprise?
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to say - but mine is under £7000...

• T
    Beginner August 2010
    terianna ·
    • Hide content

Mine to is well under tho its not a grand place. £3500 for the day 52 day 80 evening full sit down meal table lining and menu cars then buffet and DJ in the evening incl room hire for wedding and reception and bridal suit for us that night with breakfast.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Karen-

London will be more expensive and we live in Manchester and Cheshire venues seemed horrifilcally expensive, which is what tipped us to NI. Also think about private VS 'public' venues, B-fast Castle is partly council-run which I think is why they dont charge extorniate prices. Venues also hear the word wedding and just jack the prices up!

Just make sure you shop around, haggle with supplier, get LOADS of quotes and dont feel silly going back to one asking if u can match their quote, also look on ways of saving money like on the invites, cake and also decorations etc.

In the end its just one day and it should be really special and fun whereever u have it as ur getting married to the man/woman u love and will be celebrating with all ur friends and family. There will always be people who have nicer venues/cakes/dresses/hair etc etc, the grass will always be greener (im so terrible for this!!) so just be happy with what u have and make the most of it - i'm sure it will be a fabulous day

S xx

• S
    Beginner February 2010
    Serafina ·
    • Hide content

In response to budget-

My wedding is coming in under £5K including absolutely everything- I've gone for quality over quantity in all areas!

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is just under £5k for ceremony room hire, drinks reception, sit-down meal, wine and toast for 70, and evening buffet for around 120. I live in the North East though so prices won't be comparable to London costs.

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Im new and appreciate everyone flashing their venues....but where are they??? They look amazing and so pretty...but they dont all have names or locations......are any near London? Thanks guys am realy hoping to learn from your experiances. Your all experts compared to me!

• mrs lilly
    Dedicated January 2007
    mrs lilly ·
    • Hide content

OK so it was my venue when I got married in July 2005 but here was ours ❤️

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Karen mine is £5600 for 3 course meal for 70, room hire evening buffet for 100 and drinks reception. So way under 7grand! Mine is at Orton Hall, p'boro.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics