Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PinkButterfly
Beginner June 2014

Don't tell the bride!

PinkButterfly, 28 of October of 2013 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 41

Anyone else watch the last episode?? That lady was a nightmare...

I know I'm difficult at the best of times... Hence why I wouldn't chose to do the show! (Without coaching hubby first before signing any contract)

that lady was just selfish and damn right horrible! I felt so sorry for Kev and spent the whole time scream at the television "run Kev, RUN! Don't look back"

cant say I would have been pleased with the prospect of jumping out a plane but I sure as hell would never have behaved the way she did!

He sure has set a precedent for his marraige and I hope he can live with that because she doesn't seem like she'll be easy to live with!

looks like they had a lovely day in the end but like she kept saying I'm sure he still suffering the consequences of his choices!

41 replies

Latest activity by InWineTheresTruth, 7 of November of 2013 at 20:55
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I understood why she wasn't prepared to jump out of a plane but she did seem a little high maintenance. I think the producers do edit the programme to make it more interesting to watch, usually they make it seem like the bride is very unreasonable. Makes better telly! My fiance thinks it's rubbish but I love it!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Im sorry but quite the opposite, if I was her I would divorce him and go

I assume you dont have a paralytic fear of heights and falling and therefore cant relate... she got in the damn plane for him what more could anyone expect, he knew she was terrified but still picked what HE wanted... the whole thing was stupid

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

P.s they are contracted that they HAVE to marry, the 'consequences' she is on about was the fact that they where 'breaking up' and going to get divorced after filming that's why she said 'after this ill start MY life'

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

They are told to get things wrong, my friend in work, his mate was on it and pciked everything spot on to what his bride wanted (obviouly breifed beforehand, good girl!) and the producers made him pick another dress that was the complete opposite so that she'd hate it.

I love the show and am totally addicted to it, but it is obvious how it's all staged etc. as there's no way the couple would be getting married if they didn't know anything bout each other, surely?

I did feel sorry for Kev too, but I wouldn't have jumped out of the plane for anyone!! I can't go in the loft so a parachute jump is a major no no, though I did say to my OH if he had done something like that I'd have gone up in the plane and married him but I would not have jumped!

I wonder if they are still together?

• michonne
    Beginner August 2014
    michonne ·
    • Hide content

I'm absolutely terrified of heights, nothing would have made me jump out of that plane, nothing.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have jumped... She said when at the air field 'I'm not scared of height' said it more than once after her mum pointed it out... Maybe you missed that bit!

But even before she knew about that part of the day her attitude was horrible! Reaction to the tattoo... Reaction to dress... Reaction to invite! She had no faith in him what so ever and it showed from the start.

i was embarrassed for her, he got it wrong but she didn't need to make him feel so bad!

Love is about taking the good with the bad... Didn't expect her to jump! But definitely should have had a better attitude!

If you are that high maintenance don't do the show!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Best part for me was when the dress she ended up wearing was almost identical to mine and OH said he really liked it.

Thank god! Imagine if he had said he hated it!!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

everyone was saying she was including her mother

she said she was scared at the hen do and refused to take part and she was only up about 15 feet

and she freaked out in the helicopter

very clear she has a fear but didn't want to admit it

also if my man came home with a tattoo on his hand/neck/face id freak out too... most tattoo artist wont even tattoo and untattooed person in these areas, its a stupid choice - bare in mind she hadnt seen it, it could of been a huge tribal tattoo for all she knew

and shes not the first to change a dress for god sake

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

That's a nice bit of reassurance for you Pugsley. I'm sure you'll look amazing. That episode was a disaster from start to finish. I think he was stupid for organising it... and I use the term loosely as there was nothing "organised" about it but she was completely unreasonable in her behaviour. They hadn't even decided who was going to move in with who after the wedding, it didn't look good.

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    becs1975 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to beat around the bush - him and his mates were a bunch of dicks, and she looked mega rough without all that slap on. I would have been FURIOUS had my OH decided that, after me spending ages getting ready, dress, undies, hair, make-up etc, I would have to mess it all up and put a jumpsuit and a helmet on and jump out of a plane! BUT, it makes good telly, and that's what that programme is all about. I much prefer Four Weddings. That is excellent.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'd be over the moon if my OH had secretly arranged a sky dive for our wedding day...as long as it wasn't at 9am or whatever silly time it was. But I fully appreciate that i'm in the minority there ?

I don't enjoy DTTB as much as I used to, but can still never stop myself watching. I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow though as our venues on there this week Smiley laugh

I hope they do a catch up show again this year, it'd be interesting to see how everyone from this series is getting on now given the fact many of the weddings have been quite "out there" this season.

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

Our friends are on next weeks episode (5th Nov)! We could only make the reception :-( anyway you have to pay for everything first and they give you the money after so if they think you have pre planned it or don't get married they don't give you the money... Plus you have to pay £1000 per day of filming for the camera crew! So it'll be cheaper to get a divorce....!

Back to the last episode... I agree with everything everyone has said! I did want to slap her!

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought it would be something like this but £1000 a day for the camera crew? Surely it's cheaper and easier to just pay for the wedding you both want?

With regards to the episode he seemed like a complete numpty and she was just nasty. I've done a tandem skydive before and would love to do another, but perhaps not just after having my hair and makeup done on my wedding day.

I would love for them to do a show to see where they all are a year down the line...

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Just watching this skydiving episode now - to be honest, I think they are both to blame. What a ridiculous idea to think she would jump out of a plane on the wedding day (I know some brides would love this but clearly it wasn't her thing!) so I think he should've thought about it a bit more. Particularly on a day when emotions are at their highest! However, she was very rude and such a drama queen. I was mortified for all the nice aeroplane guys who were there to make her feel special. I would be so embarrassed behaving like that towards people who were just trying to help!

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow...nothing anyone had said before about the producers staging the show has surprised me as we all know that's what TV is about but that has shocked me about the money!

It's a shame there haven't been many heart warming ones lately - I really love Paula and Rodney from Series 2. She was the happiest bride ever and even a pair of £6.00 Primark shoes made her day. Makes me cry every time.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really?!

My friends were on it this series and they didn't have to pay upfront.

They were told though that if they secretly spoke to each other or didn't get married they'd have to pay back the money plus production costs and they were made to sign a contract to say that.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

This is all news to me. Very interesting - although I knew the producers egg on with the bad decisions. Which episode were your friends? Have they been shown yet? Did you go to the wedding?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My friends were on a few weeks ago, he was the DJ who planned an Ibiza themed wedding.

I went to the wedding and it was lovely. Their venue was fantastic & just seeing the look on My friend's face when the doors opened and she walked down the isle was amazing. Can't imagine how it must feel after 3-3.5 weeks of not being allowed to talk to eachother.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Can someone please explain this to me. I've had this discussion with friends and we can't seem to come to the right conclusion.

Once the couple know they're on DTTB or apply - do brides brief the guy on what to choose? Surely you would do this? I know I would. So how does it work then? Surely the producers know the couple have already agreed on what to have? And if that's the case - when the bride goes to look at venues with her friends and says how much she loves it and hopes he picks it, is she lying - because when she is at the actual wedding she loves what he picks! Is that what she wanted all along?

Sorry if these questions are really naive. I've watched DTTB for years and have never been able to fathom it.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

It happens so quickly. From the point you're told you're on the show to you being married is about 5 weeks.

Even if you had briefed your partner on what you want te producers stop you doing 'normal' stuff. They also in some cases only give you a few options and push you to make choices you wouldn't usually make.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

So the producers are heavily involved then? Ah ok. So the notorious one when that guy did the wedding in Vegas and didn't invite the bride's brother or whatever - was he encouraged by producers? I just don't get it. Do they deliberately pick a dress they know will cause trouble? What about the episodes that are really nice - when the groom picks really good stuff and she loves it? Not much "entertainment" compared with the mental ones?

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I agree - listen I wouldn't want to jump out of a plane either but she was over 2 hours late!!!! She was a diva and quite bloody rude really! Poor bloke, he should have run a mile!!!!

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

I thought they were as bad as eachother: her for being a stroppy diva and him for being inconsiderate enough to think that 1. She'd like to jump out of a plane and 2. Not have her family there to witness their marriage.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh cool - this was one of the nicest weddings on this series I think.

• L
    Beginner
    loobylou2801 ·
    • Hide content

I always wonder how they get around the small problem of having banns read in church or giving notice, some of it must be pre-planned. When we gave notice we were both interviewed separately and had to know when and where we were getting married.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

I was just wondering this myself the other day.

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! And mine! I had to pause it to check it wasn't my dress ! Their venue is around the corner to me, my hen night was there. Small things like this please me! She was quite high maintenance and he seemed nice even if jumping out of a plane was a stupid idea!

• InWineTheresTruth
    Beginner July 2015
    InWineTheresTruth ·
    • Hide content

I was cringing when I watched it! she was horrid and very moany! he was really stupid and clearly knew it was a bad idea ... I don't think they were well matched at all! I loved it though! I can't believe people get charged ... that's a lot of filming days ... surely they are not saving much? I'd trust my oh to do an ok job but he would forget the detail bits ...I came home after a 10 day charity cycle in Cuba and he had done a fab job looking after the boys and keeping the place tidy ... except there was a centremetre thick of dog hair layer on the floor that he JUST COULD NOT SEE!! took me ages to clean as I normally Hoover daily ... details!!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    s0phaz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Noo, it had to be the tree house one?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I loved this one. Haven't seen the skydiving one but I'm a bit bored this series they're too out there and too staged.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I felt sorry for the bride, and the groom after she threw a strop.

Not going to watch this program anymore. It's turned to poop.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I watched this last night and couldn't believe what a cow she was! Fair enough, I'd never jump out of a plane either but there was no need for her to be as rude as she was. Yes he planned the day the way he wanted but that's what most of the grooms do and their partners haven't all gone mental.

I really can't see that marriage lasting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics