Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2013

don't tell the bride - aliens

Sarah_coxy, 6 of September of 2013 at 22:28 Posted on Planning 0 26

Short one....

That poor woman!

She didn't hide her disappointment well!

26 replies

Latest activity by Hoddy, 8 of September of 2013 at 09:29
  • Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Oh it was awful wasn't it?! What was he thinking?! And the dress full of holes?! Way to make a girl feel special!

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

That episode was making me angrier than any of the others have for a while. It was just weird! She looked really upset. It was more like a Halloween party IMHO.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I really disliked this one - I thought she took it really well considering as he must have known how much she'd hate it. It's almost the opposite of some brides that make the day all about what they want without thinking of their OH. He kept saying "this is my chance to show her a part of me" the wedding day is about the two of you and should reflect what both of you like not be one sided!!! I thought the whole thing was really selfish and I'm getting a bit bored of the format now because it seems to be trying to out-doing itself with out there ideas and then the bride feels like she has to say it's a lovely day at the end.

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Totally WSS

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Personally I thought she was an ungrateful cow for the fuss she kicked up over a few barley noticeable holes, especially when they already had a seamstress on hand to fix the problem. So bloody what, you're being paid £12000 to get married, show some gratitude!

Not saying the whole wedding was great, but I preferred this TV show before they deliberately chose couples with widely conflicting interests in the name of 'good television'. I'm pretty sure half of it's made up anyway. How convenient that he had a back up dress that the producers failed to mention before hand so they could use it as a deus ex machine device to calm an overly hysterical bride.

Rant over.

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure I'd say she was ungrateful. I wouldn't pay for a dress with holes in and to be fair it wasn't that cheap. Although it pisses me off that the bride always say it was brill, they loved it, OH did a great job even though they obvs hated it lol. But then I suppose it does show you that at the end of the day your married to your love and that all the dreams and vision you had for the day don't really matter.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

It was a hideous wedding .....

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    Sarah_coxy ·
    • Hide content

I think that the difference is that some men don't want anything to do with the wedding planning.

Whereas she obviously had some fairly specific ideas on how the day would be.

He was clearly picked because he was slightly outside of the box and their alien wedding would be "good tv"

You could see the look of disappointment on her face the entire time.I'd

d definitely be having some kind of renewal ceremony that wasn't horrendous like the wedding was!

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I am watching this right how with half an eye as I almost can't bear it...

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I loved it. I would have been chuffed if it was my wedding.

The aliens were great. My kids would have had a blast.

The only thing I didn't like was her dress. The dress was boring.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

It was a bit mad and I agree the episodes aren't as good now that the producers are just looking for the shock factor. She was obviously upset about most of it and I can't say that I blame her at all. What I didn't get was him saying "I wanted you to see the real me" - isn't that a bit late on the actual wedding day?!

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Worse thing ive ever seen it was awful.... I don't feel Rory for her though! She knew about his interest and that he was weird before she signed up for it!

she took a risk and it didn't pay of for her!

what annoys me is at the end they always say 'i loved it' ermmmmm stop lying!

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I thought that too. I also agree - I much preferred the show when they were planning weddings - not football matches, wrestling matches, rock concerts with a wedding ceremony slotted in.

• Llamastar
    Beginner April 2014
    Llamastar ·
    • Hide content

Oh god it was just awful- I especially felt sorry for her as she said it was a wedding for them to become a 'family' but the alien autopsy stuff was so not appropriate for kids!!

I have to say though DTTB is getting more and more over the top purposely- a friend of mine applied to go on it with her fiancé, but they didn't get accepted as it was clear upon talking to the bloke that he wasn't going to do anything that would upset his future wife!!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depends on the kids. My kids would have loved it.

• Graceystim
    Beginner April 2014
    Graceystim ·
    • Hide content

DTTB is always an entertaining way to pass an hour, but parts of it make me think.....always dangerous,

1. surely as the bride to be, you would sit down with your fiancée after being accepted to go on the show and show him the style of dresses you like?

2. how did they both go give notice if the wedding is planned in a matter of weeks, and the bride doesn't know the venue?

3. how does the bride go try on the dress the the day before and, always fits!

oooh all very trivial, but it bugs me!

Still watch it tho!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yes I never thought about the marriage notices! Of course, you have to have given that before AND know your venue and time. Surely no loopholes to get round that? My OH hates that programme because he thinks it's just stirred up for TV. i must admit, the new series has been a bit like that.

• Graceystim
    Beginner April 2014
    Graceystim ·
    • Hide content

Also, very predictable bit is when the brides goes and sees the dress, in 90% of episodes the following happens....

shop woman: "here is your dress"

bride: "I don't like it, I'm not wearing that, I hate it etc etc "

brides friends and family: "oh no, try it on anyway you might like it?"

bride tries it on....big reveal....

All: OMG..."I LOVE IT!!"

If I had a pound for every episode iv seen where that happens, my wedding would be paid for too! Maybe I watch too much TV?

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

I think they might be told to do that. On the one where he booked stoke football ground for the ceremony, an earlier piece to camera with the bride had her saying that the worst thing he could do was get married at the football ground. I got the feeling that she actually expected the wedding to be there but her being against it was played up for the show. Maybe being cynical...

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Watching this right now... I'm hiding behind a pillow.

Shes on her way to the venue.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this - my nephew would have thought it was incredible! I didn't really have anything against the aliens theme and thought they pulled it off well just hated the way he kept going on about it being about him, it just felt very selfish, like a lot of these do. Though as others have said, it is starting to feel really fake now. Part of me wonders whether they both wanted an alien theme but her pretence that she didn't was so they could get on the show...

I'm also getting bored with the dress bit when they say how much they hate it then that they like it, it's getting really predictable. Especially as the dress the other week was really similar to one she tried on, but she immediately said she didn't like it?!?

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I felt a little better when she was smiling.

But what a selfish groom!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I met the girl who was on the heavy metal dttb a while back. She said the whole thing was really heavily edited and she was made out to be a total ***. She also said the producers push the men into making decisions they think the bride won't like.

anyhoo- anyone else feel like its a bit scripted? At the end every bride has to utter the line 'ah it's brilliant, I couldn't have done it better myself'

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've always wondered whether this is the case - I remember reading somewhere that someone claiming to be a past groom said had they known the amount of control the producers would have they never would have done it as they really pressure you and so much is limited to where they can/can't film.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WWS

Completely selfish of him. Cant believe it actually

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! I was laughing so much at it but in a good way. OH watched it with me and I said to him how much fun that looks and we both agreed our wedding is boring and standard compared to that. I particularly liked when they entered the reception room as a married couple with all the lights - amazing!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! I was laughing so much at it but in a good way. OH watched it with me and I said to him how much fun that looks and we both agreed our wedding is boring and standard compared to that. I particularly liked when they entered the reception room as a married couple with all the lights - amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics